Budget bass headphones

G

gregkoutsikos

Audiophyte
Hello, I am searching for headphones(over or on ear) around 50$..i Want them for music that require a lot of bass, and I want them to be as comfortable as possible.. With a little research I found Koss Porta pro and shure srh 145,but even though I like on ear, I don't think they deliver the same bass as over ear(I don't know why I believe that).. So what do you suggest? Thanks in advance

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I
Hello, I am searching for headphones(over or on ear) around 50$..i Want them for music that require a lot of bass, and I want them to be as comfortable as possible.. With a little research I found Koss Porta pro and shure srh 145,but even though I like on ear, I don't think they deliver the same bass as over ear(I don't know why I believe that).. So what do you suggest? Thanks in advance
I want a new car that does 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds. Can you go to a pro audio store and demo some cans?

G

gregkoutsikos

Audiophyte
I live in a small city where i cant find a store to test them..So i ll order them online,thats why i ask for suggestions..

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
In general I'd prefer Koss Porta Pro as having good sound for this budget, but I believe neither of these would provide strong bass.
You'd probably better of with Audio-Technica ATH-M30

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
spend some more money for better cans. $50 buys little to nothing.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The Grado SR60e Headphones could fit your requirement with a frequency response from 20-20 KHz. You can get them from Amazon for $79.

As already suggested, the Audio-Technica ATH-M30 could also be a good option. It has a similar frequency range.

Last edited:
jslivingston

jslivingston

Audiophyte
I bought a set of Status Audio CB-1 headphones. They run at $79 and have a lot more bass than I was used to with my previous Sennheiser HD280 Pro's at $99. The Sennheiser's are more for critical listening and needing a flatter frequency response. The Status Audio's are way more pleasurable.

I say all of that to say that they have a set called HD One that are $44 and probably have just as good of bass. It might be worth springing the extra $35 or whatever for the swiveling and folding for travel. The cable comes out too, which is real nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis