Budget AVR Receiver

L

Leo

Audiophyte
I am shopping for a new receiver. I have an old Denon AVR2500 and the sound has deteriorated over the last year, I guess because of age. I don't want to spend much on a new receiver probably the most is $300. What can y'all suggest on a new budget AVR Receiver.

Is it worth it to just get my Denon serviced? Does anybody know where I can send this in?

Thanks.

crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
It may help us help you if you describe what you mean by the sound of your Denon deteriorating. There are plenty of receivers out there that decode the newer surrond formats than your 2500. However, you may end up with a slightly less powerful amplifier than the one in your 2500 if you look only at units under $300, but you may get lucky too if you check ebay once you decide what you want to buy. Yoy may also want to checl out the sticky poll at the top of this forum, it'll give you a good idea what most people on this particular forum will tend to recommend. Here's my $0.02; Denon, H/K, or Yamaha.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Here in Canada, Bestbuy has the Pioneer VSX-1014TX on sale for C$500, so you could probably get it in the U.S. for $350 or less. It is THX select certified, and at 110W X 7, should be as powerful as your Denon. I don't know how true it is , but some people from the HT forum claimed that the 1014 is a rebadged entry level Elite model. Regardless, its specifications are impressive for the price.

L

Leo

Audiophyte
Thanks for all your replies....well my problem was my Denon receiver has no sound on the stereo mode. I ended up deciding to get it repaired instead of buying another receiver. I was about to take the receiver down and box it. When I looked in the back my speaker plugs were not plugged in all the way.....dddooohhhhhh. Plugged it back and fired up my receiver and viola my receiver is working again. Whoohooooo. So happy now, don't even have to spend a dime and I get to keep my Denon AVR 2500.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis