BuckeyeAmps 4 channel 252 & Audiocontrol Avalon G4

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have two 4 channel amps; I had ordered the buckeye first, but while waiting for it bought the Audiocontrol. I'm neutral on which one I end up keeping, so listing them both and whichever one sells I plan on keeping the other

Audiocontrol Avalon G4 - original owner, bought from an authorized dealer. Invoice date 4/25/22. Mint condition, original box etc.$1700

Buckeye NC252 4 channel. Unopened in box - $899
I would save money and keep the Buckeye. The Buckeye is a Class D amplifier, but the Avalon is a Class H amplifier which is not considered by some experts as comparable in overall performance. Other advantages with the Buckeye are that it's physically smaller and lighter, and its more recent Class D design is obviously more efficient. One of them, the more powerful NC502 was seriously reviewed and very well rated:
PENG is one of our best references for electronic stuff. He has an electrical engineering degree and you you can trust him:

Last edited:
K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I would be curious to hear your thoughts on the audiocontrol vs anything else you test against or have heard before. I have an original Audiocontrol Panteges (5x200), same class H. Frankly it seems to work fine but I use class A/Bs for my main channels and frankly might not have given it a fair shake. They are very expensive as you point out in the post and I don't hear much about them on the sites so not sure how they measure up.

Best of luck on whatever you keep. Would be good if you could play them both and see if you can tell a difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis