Brighter OLED coming?

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I saw on BestBuys site the A80J for under 2K. That's the lowest I've seen for that model. I want the 65" A90J, it's 3200 at BestBuy. I'm hoping when the new Sony models come out this year they drop the price, say like 500 00 than I'll jump on one. The most I've ever spent on a tv was my 51" Samsung plasma paid 1899.00 before tax. That was back in 2011. So umm at my age 63, I don't want to be like on my dying bed going, man I should've gotten that Sony 65" Master Series OLED. Can't take it with you the money that is, I'm gonna enjoy the ride bro!
The A90J is staying on as a 2022 model , just below the new qd oled a95k, which will be extremely expensive. The New A90ks are 42" and 48" models only. I doubt the 65" etc a90js will drop below it's current price for awhile yet

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The A90J is staying on as a 2022 model , just below the new qd oled a95k, which will be extremely expensive. The New A90ks are 42" and 48" models only. I doubt the 65" etc a90js will drop below it's current price for awhile yet
Dam the bad luck, hell I got some funds coming in October I'll jump on the A90J than.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I saw on BestBuys site the A80J for under 2K. That's the lowest I've seen for that model. I want the 65" A90J, it's 3200 at BestBuy. I'm hoping when the new Sony models come out this year they drop the price, say like 500 00 than I'll jump on one. The most I've ever spent on a tv was my 51" Samsung plasma paid 1899.00 before tax. That was back in 2011. So umm at my age 63, I don't want to be like on my dying bed going, man I should've gotten that Sony 65" Master Series OLED. Can't take it with you the money that is, I'm gonna enjoy the ride bro!
Enjoy the ride...We're in same ballpark, that's why I pulled the trigger on an A8H last year, it's beautiful.
Just looked at that A90J on Amazon, yeah that's alot for a TV. Good hunting!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
All this OLED talk has me really, really drooling for a 77 inch OLED. I would go LG just because I don't see there being that much difference to spend extra for Sony. I really want a 77 inch OLED.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
I'm in NZ , I just dropped $4999 for the 65" A90j , about $3321 USD . Worth every penny!!!

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
All this OLED talk has me really, really drooling for a 77 inch OLED. I would go LG just because I don't see there being that much difference to spend extra for Sony. I really want a 77 inch OLED.

Why you think I posted up this :mad: after coming from watch the NFC championship game on my Son Sony 77" Master Series OLED. It's absolutely the best picture I've ever seen on a TV. Not saying LG isn't, cause I've seen LG Flagship OLED up close in a BestBuy store, yep absolutely gorgeous picture. Thing about Sony's Master Series OLED, if one doesn't have say a AVR setup, Sony has speakers behind the tv screen all across the screen. and believe it or not speakers all alone the bottom. Plus a audio out for you to add a sub! But anyone who's done research on these high-end models know already that Sony pretty much has better processing. Again not saying LG doesn't after all LG keeps their latest OLED screen for their TVs and Sony gets the previous year model screen from LG. So LG stays one year ahead of anyone who manufacturers OLED TV's.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Why you think I posted up this :mad: after coming from watch the NFC championship game on my Son Sony 77" Master Series OLED. It's absolutely the best picture I've ever seen on a TV. Not saying LG isn't, cause I've seen LG Flagship OLED up close in a BestBuy store, yep absolutely gorgeous picture. Thing about Sony's Master Series OLED, if one doesn't have say a AVR setup, Sony has speakers behind the tv screen all across the screen. and believe it or not speakers all alone the bottom. Plus a audio out for you to add a sub! But anyone who's done research on these high-end models know already that Sony pretty much has better processing. Again not saying LG doesn't after all LG keeps their latest OLED screen for their TVs and Sony gets the previous year model screen from LG. So LG stays one year ahead of anyone who manufacturers OLED TV's.
I just want OLED 77 inch OLED.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Same here! I have the funds now for 55" but want a 65" can't do a 77" my living room is only 10.9 ft wide. Plus that 77" is very close to 100 lbs if I remember right.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
The A90J series (and the 83" version of the A80j) use the latest panel from LG used in the G1 (lg call it Evo) , and add an integrated heatsink for slightly increased brightness and slightly less burn in risk (the A80j 83" didn't get the heat sink) . That and the Sony processing steered me to the A90j over the LG g1. Some later manufactured LG C1 got the newer panel too, but not the extra processing of the G1 to take advantage of it's increased brightness capabilities.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Same here! I have the funds now for 55" but want a 65" can't do a 77" my living room is only 10.9 ft wide. Plus that 77" is very close to 100 lbs if I remember right.
I bought a 75 inch LED 2 years ago that I love so I can't just toss it for a new TV that costs a bit. I wish I could but I can't.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The A90J series (and the 83" version of the A80j) use the latest panel from LG used in the G1 (lg call it Evo) , and add an integrated heatsink for slightly increased brightness and slightly less burn in risk (the A80j 83" didn't get the heat sink) . That and the Sony processing steered me to the A90j over the LG g1. Some later manufactured LG C1 got the newer panel too, but not the extra processing of the G1 to take advantage of it's increased brightness capabilities.
So if I understand right, in your post, Sony's A90J has LG's latest Evo panel? Thanks for posting that! Going do some research!

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a 75 inch LED 2 years ago that I love so I can't just toss it for a new TV that costs a bit. I wish I could but I can't.

Yeah understandable, my 55" now is only 4 months old paid 700. So not a great as hit in the wallet that yours would be. I like it, it measured well against some costing much more. The blacks are good and Dobly Vision is better than any Vizio I've had. But with that said when watching Netflix streaming their 4K mode I have seen bleeding of grays and whites on very dark scenes especially if there's like a candle off to the right of the screen that's lit in one scene on The Witcher. That's the first time I noticed bleeding on that tv. My Vizio's where horrible for bleeding. Thing is once you know what and where to look for those artifacts in picture degradation there's no coming back.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yes that's correct, with an additional aluminum heatsink layer.
Thanks, I've done some more looking into the Evo panel. Your right it's a much better panel, for not as quick for burn in. Also those OLED panels are expensive to manufacture from what I've read. They are saying 7 to 10 years they should last. Also they won't degrade over time as fast.

cerwinmad

cerwinmad

Full Audioholic
Yeah I the tech has really matured , the fact I don't game and watch a large variety of content has me pretty confident I'll has this set for a few years to come. I did look at the TCL C825 mini led , and Samsung Q90a mini led but there was still some blooming. And self illuminating pixels are just nice to watch!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Dude, I waited for OLED from about 2001 until about 2020!

The day my Macromolecular Chemistry (i.e. Polymer Chem) prof was out, and he had a colleague do a guest lecture about OLED and the research they were doing in his lab, back around 2001 is the day that I started wanting large panel OLED and at a price that could be tolerated.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, I waited for OLED from about 2001 until about 2020!

The day my Macromolecular Chemistry (i.e. Polymer Chem) prof was out, and he had a colleague do a guest lecture about OLED and the research they were doing in his lab, back around 2001 is the day that I started wanting large panel OLED and at a price that could be tolerated.
We got one of the 24" Sony models when I worked at Circuit City back in 2008-9 or so.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis