C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I like her way with words. Also, nothing like a live microphone to catch people.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Theresa May will be the next UK prime minister within days, may be later today even.

Andre Leadsom graciously bowed out ending the uncertainty. The pound and FTSE are soaring in the news.

Incredibly Jeremy Cobyn and his band of Corbynistas are calling for a snap general election, despite the fact that Labor would be pretty much wiped out!

Jean-Claude Junker is the man who should be really worried today.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Jean-Claude Junker is the man who should be really worried today.
Really and why is that ? It is in nobody's interest to have a conflict and Theresa May may be a tough negotiator but ultimately she will be the person who will be asking/negotiating for the UK to have free access to the EU market and not vice versa.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Really and why is that ? It is in nobody's interest to have a conflict and Theresa May may be a tough negotiator but ultimately she will be the person who will be asking/negotiating for the UK to have free access to the EU market and not vice versa.
Because Europe will be a shrinking market. The UK is already looking far and wide for better deals.

Europe will be afraid that Theresa May, will in fact repatriate a number of economic EU migrants. This will be a big bargaining chip.

The fact is the Eurozone is not a transfer union. As I pointed out there is up to 146% difference in the cost of some common items.

So as I discussed with my brother yesterday, these high levels of economic EU migration create a transfer union by the back door at disastrous social cost. This is because of wages sent back home. Although the UK is not part of the Eurozone, it is drawn into this backdoor transfer union far more than any other European countries. This will stop. Free movement of labor will NOT be negotiable no matter what.

Trade is not one way, and if there is hard ball the German auto industry will be severely targeted.

Hopefully the negotiations will be amicable, but if not then the EU will be the looser and likely end up on the ash bin of history.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Because Europe will be a shrinking market. The UK is already looking far and wide for better deals.

Europe will be afraid that Theresa May, will in fact repatriate a number of economic EU migrants. This will be a big bargaining chip.

The fact is the Eurozone is not a transfer union. As I pointed out there is up to 146% difference in the cost of some common items.

So as I discussed with my brother yesterday, these high levels of economic EU migration create a transfer union by the back door at disastrous social cost. This is because of wages sent back home. Although the UK is not part of the Eurozone, it is drawn into this backdoor transfer union far more than any other European countries. This will stop. Free movement of labor will NOT be negotiable no matter what.

Trade is not one way, and if there is hard ball the German auto industry will be severely targeted.

Hopefully the negotiations will be amicable, but if not then the EU will be the looser and likely end up on the ash bin of history.
Germany can't afford the collapse of the EU, as the poorer members are a drag on the value of the Euro, which artificially lowers the prices of German exports. If they had to go back to the Deutschmark, you would see the prices of German products skyrocket, triggering a recession in that country.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Germany can't afford the collapse of the EU, as the poorer members are a drag on the value of the Euro, which artificially lowers the prices of German exports. If they had to go back to the Deutschmark, you would see the prices of German products skyrocket, triggering a recession in that country.
That is correct.

David Cameron will preside over his last cabinet meeting tomorrow.

On Wednesday David Cameron will lead Prime Ministers Question time in the House of Commons.

After that he will go to Buckingham Palace and submit his resignation to the Queen after her return from Sandringham in Norfolk.

Theresa May will then go to the Palace and ask the Queen for permission to form Her Majesty's Government.

Theresa May will be in No. 10 Downing street late Wednesday afternoon.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing like watching a good game of hardball!

Do you think we've seen the end of James Bond using non-British cars, TLS?

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Nothing like watching a good game of hardball!

Do you think we've seen the end of James Bond using non-British cars, TLS?
Yes this last weekend was brutal for Andrea Leadsom. Conservative party leadership contests are renowned for brutality.

The Labor party are giving everyone their fill of deep belly laughs!

Angela Eagles, launch of her campaign to challenge Jeremy Corbyn is the butt of lots of jokes today.

She is known now as the "Pink Eagle!" Very apt for a gay lefty.

I have no idea about the Bond car issue.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
As I was reading through some of the articles on what's happening in GB, I also skimmed through some of the comments. This one just made me laugh.

Now Cameron can do what he's always wanted to do, go to Brussels and blow everyone under the table.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
What's this I'm reading that Theresa May saying Sharia Law has a place in GB?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

B
Looks like UK politics is going to give the US a good run for its money for shear entertainment value.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36790977
Boris Johnson's appointment as foreign secretary was a brilliant appointment.

Boris is not from the so called ruling classes. Yes, he went to Eaton, but on a scholarship as he was from a family of no great means.

Boris is one the the great classicists of the age, and writes beautifully and entertainingly. He wares his scholarship lightly. He speaks many languages.

He is a genuinely funny man, especially in his writings. He has written many hilarious articles for the Telegraph over the years.

I can tell you this, that the world badly needs this eccentric and funny man on its stage.

When he was mayor of London he wrote a wonderful and amusing history of London for the visitors. This book is well worth purchasing.

Another very good book and well worth a read, is Boris Johnson's Dream of Rome.

If ever the world needed a man with a serious and funny side it's now, even if he has already upset a few humorless Germans.

They seem to be complaining he played cricket after the Brexit vote. Well that is in line with Drake finishing his game of Bolls before sailing forth from Plymouth Ho to engage the Spanish Armada!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
B

Boris Johnson's appointment as foreign secretary was a brilliant appointment.

Boris is not from the so called ruling classes. Yes, he went to Eaton, but on a scholarship as he was from a family of no great means.

Boris is one the the great classicists of the age, and writes beautifully and entertainingly. He wares his scholarship lightly. He speaks many languages.

He is a genuinely funny man, especially in his writings. He has written many hilarious articles for the Telegraph over the years.

I can tell you this, that the world badly needs this eccentric and funny man on its stage.

When he was mayor of London he wrote a wonderful and amusing history of London for the visitors. This book is well worth purchasing.

If ever the world needed a man with a serious and funny side it's now, even if he has already upset a few humorless Germans.

They seem to be complaining he played cricket after the Brexit vote. Well that is in line with Drake finishing his game of Bolls before sailing forth from Plymouth Ho to engage the Spanish Armada!
All of what you say may be true. However, the man doesn't have a diplomatic bone in his body! Practically every news story about his appointment highlights all the nasty things he has said about major world leaders. It would appear that PM May and you might be the only people not bemused about it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

All of what you say may be true. However, the man doesn't have a diplomatic bone in his body! Practically every news story about his appointment highlights all the nasty things he has said about major world leaders. It would appear that PM May and you might be the only people not bemused about it.
Boris has a huge following in the UK. He was elected mayor of London twice. His articles are widely read and valued.

We have far too much political correctness these days.

Here is an example.

Tyyip erdogan president of Turkey is a real twerp and bad news. A German comedian called him a "Goat f***er". Turkey asked for the comedian to be arrested. The Germans started the process, but there was public outcry. One of the reasons is that Boris came to the comedian's defense and penned this little ditty in one of his newspaper articles.

“There was a young fellow from Ankara

Who was a terrific wankerer

Till he sowed his wild oats

With the help of a goat

But he didn’t even stop to thankera.”

By the way I just love his characterization of Hilary Clinton as a "sadistic nurse!"

You must understand that England has had a much higher level of political invective than elsewhere since Tudor times, when it was particularly sharp.

Here is a perspective from my nephew and Reuter journalist Peter Apps.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Erdogan is a scary dude. As for the many European leaders and politicians lambasting Boris, it just strikes that they're very concerned about any upcoming referendums and their outcome so it's being taken out on him.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Boris has a huge following in the UK. He was elected mayor of London twice. His articles are widely read and valued.

We have far too much political correctness these days.

Here is an example.

Tyyip erdogan president of Turkey is a real twerp and bad news. A German comedian called him a "Goat f***er". Turkey asked for the comedian to be arrested. The Germans started the process, but there was public outcry. One of the reasons is that Boris came to the comedian's defense and penned this little ditty in one of his newspaper articles.

“There was a young fellow from Ankara

Who was a terrific wankerer

Till he sowed his wild oats

With the help of a goat

But he didn’t even stop to thankera.”

By the way I just love his characterization of Hilary Clinton as a "sadistic nurse!"

You must understand that England has had a much higher level of political invective than elsewhere since Tudor times, when it was particularly sharp.

Here is a perspective from my nephew and Reuter journalist Peter Apps.
Again, no argument with that. But, he is now the UK's senior diplomat - the very nature of his job requires the use of diplomatic language. His popularity in the UK is of no consequence on the international stage.

I have little regard for Erdogan either - yes, I've seen BOJO's "poem" before. But such writing betrays a lack of gravitas that normally goes with being a senior government minister. If he carries on in his accustomed fashion, he will not be long for that job.

You may like his hyperbolic description of HRC, but he's at least an equal opportunity insulter - his description of Trump: "out of his mind" and possessing "stupefying ignorance".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36792746

From the BBC article:
On Tony Blair visiting Africa, in 2002: "What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies...

"They say he is shortly off to the Congo. No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird."
It's statements such as this that brought about political correctness in the first place.

Yes, he's an intelligent man, but unless he learns to watch his gob, he will be out on his ear.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It looks to me like the new Prime Minister is following the age-old strategy of keeping her friends close and her enemies closer, as she forms her new cabinet.

If Boris Johnson continues as a loose cannon while Foreign Minister for Theresa May, she can influence him to alter his ways. But if he is outside the government, she would be likely to have little power over him.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

It looks to me like the new Prime Minister is following the age-old strategy of keeping her friends close and her enemies closer, as she forms her new cabinet.

If Boris Johnson continues as a loose cannon while Foreign Minister for Theresa May, she can influence him to alter his ways. But if he is outside the government, she would be likely to have little power over him.
True, he may well have to be a little less interesting. I really hope not too less interesting. People have become far too thin skinned and need some good laughs. As John Cleese is pointing out continuously these days, political correctness has killed comedy. For this reason he has pretty much retired from writing comedy. As he says to be funny you pretty much have to insult somebody, and people are now just too thin skinned and go in to uproar on social media. Those are what he calls "The Twittering Twots!"

I suspect Boris will continue to push the limits though for his fan base.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis