R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
Seven speaker boxes, 3 subwoofer boxes, 2 amp boxes, 2 dvd player boxes, 1 pre-pro box, 2 voltage reg device boxes, 1 power conditioner box, 1 turntable box...aaaaggghhhh...I can't take it anymore. I know this is goofy, but i'm loading these boxes up and taking them to a stor-n-lok today, paying $40 a month TO STORE BOXES!!! What do you guys do? I'm just having a hard time throwing them away, especially when nearly all items are still under warranty.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I use the boxes for storage in my attic and I keep all of the styrofoam in case I ever need to send something back.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I feel your pain.;) I've got too many also. I had thrown out all my older ones, which I now regret. I'm considering selling some stuff this summer and packing isn't my thing. I was going to break all the boxes down, but the styrofoam that came with them is the same size as the box in most cases. So that really won't help much.

If you have rafters, i'd put them there. Or if you have a garage, you could lay a sheet of plywood across the rafters over your car and stack them on it. That's usually wasted space in most garages.

Jack

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i keep the boxes til im sure the unit works ok ... about a few days. then I throw away everything.

I don't sell anything, I use everything til they can barely work.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
rollinrocker said:
Seven speaker boxes, 3 subwoofer boxes, 2 amp boxes, 2 dvd player boxes, 1 pre-pro box, 2 voltage reg device boxes, 1 power conditioner box, 1 turntable box...aaaaggghhhh...I can't take it anymore. I know this is goofy, but i'm loading these boxes up and taking them to a stor-n-lok today, paying $40 a month TO STORE BOXES!!! What do you guys do? I'm just having a hard time throwing them away, especially when nearly all items are still under warranty.
If it's equipment that the manufacturer requires you to return it in it's original box, hold on to it. If the manufacturere doesn't care, throw it out. You can always go to a UPS store or FED EX Kinko and get the appropiate box in case of warranty repair. It's usually the high end manufacturers that want you to hold onto your box (Krell, Levinson, etc.,etc.) because those boxes are expensive to replace, they're made to hold and protect heavy equipment, some Krells weigh in at 125 pounds.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I tend to keep the boxes for my receiver and dvd player but only because when I decide to buy something new I give them to family or friends that like music and HT but never get around to spending their own money on the equipment. :)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I have the boxes to all my equipment. Some with the equipment back in them for storage. The true test is going to be the boxes for my SVS sub and Emo amp. Both of which are too big to get into the garage attic intact. I'll most likely break them down just to get them up there.
I simply like having the original boxes around. Not just for warranty issues, but for safety when moving.
But things are getting a bit crowded in the storage areas in the house.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
rollinrocker said:

That's $500 a year!!! You could buy new components for that:D
Can you flatten the boxes and store it? Pack some inside another? Do you have Attic space to store it; they are light.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis