Bought a new vehicle

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have WeatherTech digital fits in my WRX. TOTALLY worth it.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I think the Santa Fe is a good choice. I bought a new 2003 and I'm still driving it. I went with the biggest engine available which was a 3.5L V6. I don't regret that at all. There's no replacement for displacement.

Jim

Matt34

Matt34

I have them in my Frontier front/back and really like them. Need to get some for the wife's Charger now that I think of it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been reading the manuals on this vehicle. This actually the first time ever that I had to read an owners manual on a vehicle to be able to use it. My pet peeve is teh navigation system. Why do they make car navigation systems needlessly complex? I don't get it. My Garmin has 99% percent of the functionality of my Hyundai but I don't have to read an the manual to figure out how to work it. I can't say the same thing about the on board nav system of teh Hyundai. I'm sure too that its not endemic to just Hyundai but to other manufacturers as well.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Forced air induction is the future. Hell, even Formula One is switching to super charged 6 cylinders next year!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Forced air induction is the future. Hell, even Formula One is switching to super charged 6 cylinders next year!
:rolleyes: Yeah, just going back to what worked duh. Forced induction was around for DECADES in F1 and banned in 1989, so it is more like BACK to the future.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
True. But that was during the time when no one considered the consequences, just the drawing power of a screaming 12 cylinder!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, it is supposed to be a place to develop the tech that we use as consumers. It DOES trickle down, but back then by the time it got to consumers, it wasn't what it started out as. Today I think that tech makes it to the consumer a lot quicker and with more of the features.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats on the ride. The wife and I test drove a Genesis before she found the IS 250 she REALLY wanted. I was surprised at the power. It definitely had some balls for a 4 cylinder engine. Seems like Hyundai's come a long way from the piles of crap they were when they first came to America.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats on the ride. The wife and I test drove a Genesis before she found the IS 250 she REALLY wanted. I was surprised at the power. It definitely had some balls for a 4 cylinder engine. Seems like Hyundai's come a long way from the piles of crap they were when they first came to America.
It rides nice and this power plant definately is on par with the Toyota V6 in terms of hp and torque. I've never owned a Hyundai before and I'm venturing into new territory. But based on reliability which seems to be big plus with the later Hyundai models, I think I'll be ok.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My first big trip with the vehicle starts tonight. Look out USA, I'm coming in.. :p Heading for North Conway but will stop at the Hyundai dealership to pick up "Weather Tech" floor mats if cheaper than buying them from a local distributor here in Ottawa.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Weather Tech mats are great :D I think I said that already but it doesn't hurt to say it again. I need to get some for my civic eventually.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I totally enjoyed my first long distance trip in my new vehicle. I averaged 8.9 litres/100km or 26 mpg and made the trip home to Ottawa from North Conway NH on a single tank of gas without using cruise. So far so good.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Buddy just picked up the Optima SXL. 2.0T. Very nice car. Better looking than a Camry or Accord. Far as long term bullet proof like those badges? Who knows. But it's a lease.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Buddy just picked up the Optima SXL. 2.0T. Very nice car. Better looking than a Camry or Accord. Far as long term bullet proof like those badges? Who knows. But it's a lease.
I like the looks of the Optima too. But I spoke to a Kia dealer once and he said he wouldn't buy one. Time will tell.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Kia and Hyundai are owned/operated by the same Korean parent company, but I don't think Kia is as well built as Hyundai.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Kia almost went bankrupt before Hyundai stepped in and bought 50% of them from what one of the dealers told me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis