Boston Acoustics Reflection Series RS 326 Floorstanding Loudspeakers First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The new flagship of the Reflection Series is the RS 326 floorstanding loudspeakers. These 47 pound speakers come in a scratch-resistant gloss black finish with thin profile magnetic grills. Sporting a 1" Extended Wide Bandwidth tweeter, a single 3.5" midrange, and two 6.5" woofers all constructed out of a Fiber Ceramic Copolymer Material with aluminum phase plugs, these drivers are all proprietary to Boston and are designed with linearity in mind to maintain the purest audio as possible. With dealers all over, if you're looking to spend ~$2,000 a pair, you'd be remiss not to at least give the RS 326s a listen.

Discuss "Boston Acoustics Reflection Series RS 326 Floorstanding Loudspeakers First Look" here. Read the article.

S

Slee_Stack

Junior Audioholic
I recently picked up a pair of RS334 towers. They have surprisingly impressive bass response. I've never experienced the amount of low end that comes out of slim towers such as these.

On the opposite end, the treble can also overwhelm at times. Lesser quality sources (high bit rate mp3) sound particularly shrill on my Bostons.

Anyway, I suspect the RS326 are similar sounding, but with even more low end output. I honestly don't think the RS series needs more 'low' over what the 334's provide.

I suppose for dedicated 2ch listening, the 326's may add a touch of value, but otherwise, I'd recommend the cheaper 334's for those interested in Boston.

For the right price (not retail) I think the RS line is a middle of the pack speaker. I liken them to NHTs in many ways.

If slim tower, solid low-end performance is tops on your list, they deserve a listen.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Boston is getting more serious about their speakers.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I've owned 2 generations of Boston VR series towers and really enjoyed them.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
I'm interested to see (and hear) how the new 'Reflection' series line compares to the VR series that I fell in love with years ago and to this day can be still impressed with. Something about the clarity from the VR tweeter really appeals to my listening tastes.

I just hope they stay away from that 'Horizon' series garbage they came out with some time ago. They were an affront to the Boston Acoustics nomenclature... -TD

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I recently picked up a pair of RS334 towers. They have surprisingly impressive bass response. I've never experienced the amount of low end that comes out of slim towers such as these.

On the opposite end, the treble can also overwhelm at times. Lesser quality sources (high bit rate mp3) sound particularly shrill on my Bostons.

Anyway, I suspect the RS326 are similar sounding, but with even more low end output. I honestly don't think the RS series needs more 'low' over what the 334's provide.

I suppose for dedicated 2ch listening, the 326's may add a touch of value, but otherwise, I'd recommend the cheaper 334's for those interested in Boston.

For the right price (not retail) I think the RS line is a middle of the pack speaker. I liken them to NHTs in many ways.

If slim tower, solid low-end performance is tops on your list, they deserve a listen.
You should grace us with your presense more often.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis