Bose wave radio sounds like a system that costs five times more!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
palmharbor said:
Old folks have all the money but know nothing about hi fi electronics..but they listen to Paul Harvey News and they think
he is honest...keep in mind he told listeners that he had an economy car...a Buick Park Avenue! He was hustling Buicks
then and now he is hustling Bose and the old folks buy it cause
Paul Harvey says its sounds like a big expensive system.
It reminds me of the saying "there is no fool like an old fool"
Paul Harvey is old, meaning partially deaf. Most old people can't tell the difference between an old Yorx system and Paradigm. So granted it probably sounds good to him.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
"This is Paul Harvey, and that's the rest of the story"

If that doesn't ring any bells then there is no sense explaining it.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
palmharbor said:
Paul Harvey says its sounds like a big expensive system.
how many expensive systems has Paul Harvey listend to?? :rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
no. 5 said:
how many expensive systems has Paul Harvey listend to?? :rolleyes:
Doesn't matter how many systems he has listened to. He probably thinks that the Motorala Razor is a good sounding system.

He's not really hustling - he's promoting. They write what he says. Very standard practice on radio, though a bit old school. It's not immoral, just the way radio works with advertising. They are paying to have him speak their marketing. He probably hasn't listened to much else and so thinks their systems are pretty good (I'm sure they gave him one so he could evaluate it).

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Clint DeBoer said:
He's not really hustling - he's promoting. They write what he says. Very standard practice on radio, though a bit old school. It's not immoral, just the way radio works with advertising. They are paying to have him speak their marketing. He probably hasn't listened to much else and so thinks their systems are pretty good (I'm sure they gave him one so he could evaluate it).
He probably did the demo listening to his own programs.:D

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Seth=L said:
Doesn't matter how many systems he has listened to. He probably thinks that the Motorala Razor is a good sounding system.
He probably shaves with a Motorola Razor:rolleyes:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
whos a Paul Harvey?
An old radio news commentator, he was around when T-Rex ruled the animal kingdom, Paul is still ( not T-Rex) around, on am radio.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think the person who said OLD PEOPLE, was going in the right direction though. The one benefit of the system with the built in CD is that there are NO CONNECTIONS to be made and as mentioned, the footprint. The thing IS small for the sound it is capable of. Would I spend $1K on it? Hell no, no matter what Mr. Harvey says :) I figure it would be better priced at around $500 MSRP...they wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.

L

littleb

Junior Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
whos a Paul Harvey?
This is Paul Harvey's schtick. He tells a story but leaves certain details out of the story, makes a Bose commercial, and then says "now for the rest of the story," at that time he gives you the details, or the celebrities name which wasn't mentioned in the first part. In the old days he was sort of apolitical, but now that he's really, really, old I've noticed he's sort of become a gereatric Rush Limbaugh.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Thats just what us audiophiles do for fun. Kinda like Harley guys bash Suzuki all the time.

Now that's just wrong... Suzuki guys bash HARLEY, yes... but the other way around? huh?

D

Dr. Righteous

Audiophyte
This is my take on the whole Bose wave radio thing. Probably 90% of the people out there have NEVER heard a well designed compoent, quality stereo system. They wouldn't know stereo imaging if it bit them in the a$$. So, if you have NEVER heard descent sound, then it will knock your socks off. That is why people rave about it. When I first heard one, I was impressed because it sounds good; for a little box. But will it replace a pair of descent stereo speakers and receiver? NO.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Dr. Righteous said:
This is my take on the whole Bose wave radio thing. Probably 90% of the people out there have NEVER heard a well designed compoent, quality stereo system. They wouldn't know stereo imaging if it bit them in the a$$. So, if you have NEVER heard descent sound, then it will knock your socks off. That is why people rave about it. When I first heard one, I was impressed because it sounds good; for a little box. But will it replace a pair of descent stereo speakers and receiver? NO.

Welcome to BOSE BASH CENTRAL!!:D LOL

B

Bambus

Enthusiast
Dr. Righteous said:
I think the DR. hit the point right on. Bose claims that they reproduce the sound of a full system that is 5x the cost - BOSE $1200, so 5x$1200 = $6000.

For $6000 you can assemble an awesome 7.1 HT setup, which Bose will never touch, and if we're talking about a stereo setup(which Bose is), $6000 will get you a system that will blow your clothes off.

That is why Bose is in its own category(bubble), so they should not be advertising in anyway that they even compare to a full speaker setup. THats just false advertising, 'cause even a $1200 stereo setup will be better than Bose.

But thats just my opinion(and a couple of million other peoples)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
If you really want to laugh at BOSE, look who endorses them. Fitness magazines, financial magazines, newspapers, Paul Harvey, need I say more. Practical advise: stay away from BOSE untill they start putting truth behind their ads. Everybody will be happier and we can go on with our A/V lives.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis