J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
I just had to post this because it made me laugh so hard... I'm putting it in the Steam Vent room because it's well, a Steam Vent! This is in reference to the $3000 Acoustitrash system from a Circuit City.com review...

The Best One can Get!!
Reviewer: Mango7 from Atlanta, GA on Thu Aug 11 11:43:26 EDT 2005
9 out of 10 found this review helpful

I purchased this Bose system and I must say it is by far the best system I have ever owned. The sound is amazing and is unbeliavable for such small speakers!!
Alot of people dont know what real sound is and how to analyaze. Most people enjoy the high frequncy type sounds with the loud over powering subwoofer. This type of sound is for the novice and is not real like BOSE.
Basically Bose is the best system u can buy if you have the money.
IT DOES NOT COMPARE with cheaper home theatre systems like Sony whotry and copy Bose speakers but dont get close. Beleive me I have both and u can easily tell the difference.
I dont understand why many people insult Bose..Maybe its because they dont know What real sound it.
I recommend this product fully if youve got themoney.

And another couple funny ones :)...

Bought the LS 38 and love it. The hard drive storage for CD's is great. I bought it a week ago and already have 100 CD's stored. This system really excels while watching DVD's. The surround sound is awesome. Never mind the audiophile's who like to stroketheir ego's by bashing Bose. Bought from an online retailer for $2200.00

It may be pricy, but no other system has its features & ease of use & setup. The music storage system is a great idea, and the sound knocks your socks off. and the best part is the Bose quality. I looked at all the cheaper systems & none compare to this monster.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
"Ignorance is bliss" could not be more appropriate.

"It's the best I've owned. I know, because I've owned a lot of really crappy stuff..."

WOW, music stored on a hard drive, nobody's thought of that...

Audiophiles stroking their egos? Yeah....ummm, and what exactly are these idiots trying to say by spending a whole lot of hard earned cash on something that is far less than what they could have gotten?

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, I remember some review from FS about some cheap sub that said something along the lines of "Great sub. No distortion unless you turn it up loud".

One day they will learn what THD stands for.

SheepStar

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
JaceTheAce said:
The Best One can Get!!
Reviewer: Mango7 from Atlanta, GA on Thu Aug 11 11:43:26 EDT 2005
9 out of 10 found this review helpful

I purchased this Bose system and I must say it is by far the best system I have ever owned.
Well maybe he has owned alot of crap in his life.....

The sound is amazing and is unbeliavable for such small speakers!!
opposing magnets are mindblowing the first time you see them too.

Alot of people dont know what real sound is and how to analyaze.
Really?!? Like who? :rolleyes:

Most people enjoy the high frequncy type sounds with the loud over powering subwoofer. This type of sound is for the novice and is not real like BOSE.
Well he's right there. Every Honda Civic "system" in the US is comprised of four 12" subwoofers and a pair of tweeters. and Bose is know for "no highs & no lows, must be Bose!"

I recommend this product fully if youve got themoney.
And I recommend juggling a pair of loaded revolvers if you've got the money. Doesn't make my opinion any less stupid.:D

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
opposing magnets are mindblowing the first time you see them too.
Now that is funny, chicklet for you!

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
I always wonder if half the "user reviews" published on the Circuit City website are CC employees with a little time on their hands and the desire to pickup the good employee of the week bonus?

N

naisphoo

Banned
Before I saw the light....I bought their 123 system for over $700 at sam's. Kept it for a week then sent it back. Even as an audio neophyte I could tell the thing sucks big time. However one of my buddy keeps on bugging me about Boose...they are simply the best speakers in the world says he...I don't think this guy will see the light anytime soon. Scary thing is he's not alone!!!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
sjdgpt said:
I always wonder if half the "user reviews" published on the Circuit City website are CC employees with a little time on their hands and the desire to pickup the good employee of the week bonus?
The reviews are screened before they go up.

I tried to put a bunch of negative review in but they wouldn't let me. AND if you wanna give it less then 3 stars, you need to have some password.

SheepStar

J

JaceTheAce

Audioholic
Sheep said:

I tried to put a bunch of negative review in but they wouldn't let me. AND if you wanna give it less then 3 stars, you need to have some password.

SheepStar
Wow, that just goes to show how worthless and biased online reviews are at Circuit City.

majorloser

majorloser

Did you actually think ANY company web site would allow you to state in a review a product they sell sucks? They wouldn't be a rep for that product for very long.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
I have a buddy that works for bose and he gets all pissy when I start telling it like it is. I also work on the same road as bose headquarters so I see a lot of them out at the bar on thursadys and fridays. Needless to say some of the don't like me....:(

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Ignorance is bliss. Nobody likes rain on their parade of stupidity.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I used to admire Bose because they could price their products so high and people still buy them. Now i admire Bose because they could price their products so high and people who have bought them and disgusted by them can still sell them for so high.
Who is the genious in their marketing department? May be the white van speakers folks can pay this guy for a month of marketing campaign and reach the popularity of Bose!

I gotta admit...they are very..very clever...in marketing!:D

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:

SheepStar
Sounds like somebody is cooking the books. Ooops, I mean cooking the reviews. Alas, it is the same idea.

And a bit dishonest if you ask my opinion.

I would give more than one product a poor rating, not because the son-of-a-gun was actually that bad, but because something was so obnoxious or poorly design, or failed to last that I hated the product.

Last year I had to buy a new bedside alarm clock. That classic bedside clock radio. Alarm clock, prefer two alarm clock modes. Basic radio so I can hear the traffic and morning weather reports. I made trips to BB, CC, Sears, WallyWorld, K-Mart et al. Darn, where are those under $50 alarm clocks? Finally bought units from CC and Sears and promptly returned the suckers.

My problems?

The $40 Sears model was great, until I discovered that I could not reset the alarm clock mode for a quick nap without reseting the entire clock and radio settings. When I want to take a nap, I don't need to spend 5 minutes setting a clock radio. That is 5 minutes of my nap time that I really don't want to loose.

Then there was the damn lights, I mean darn lights, were too bright for my bedroom. The CC unit had a dimmer switch. Hmmm, maybe I found my dream clock. Didn't have a display model powered up, but what the heck, for $19, what could I loose. I could read a darn newspaper with the clock set at the dimmest setting.

Both CC and Sears took their units back with no fuse. Thank goodness.

I finally found one at Office Depot that I liked half way and kept.

By the way, the OD model was only $12.

If CC and Sears would let me rate their alarm clocks .... I would be fair. Wonderful units, great sound yada yada, I would never buy those models again. 1 Star.

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
all i can do is shake my head. My friend is like this as well. Apparently Bose is much better then 15000+ Paradigam, PSB, and RBH setups. :confused:

JeffD2.

JeffD2.

Audioholic
sjdgpt said:
I've written two reviews about products purchased from CC. The first one about MTX DJ speakers for my son- never published. The second one about an up-converting DVD player- when I clicked "submit" on the latter, I was redirected to some other BS web page and my review was lost. I evaluated these products from a price/performance viewpoint and they were POSITIVE from that perspective.

I guess because I didn't sh!!!t my pants and drool like a fool over these purchases, I'm now banned.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
JaceTheAce said:
Speaking of Bose, check out how high these people are bidding on 4 Acoustimass speakers!!! Doesn't even include the "bass module"! (which is required to run these POS paper cone woofers)

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOUR-BOSE-DBL-CUBE-SERIES-II-SPEAKERS-GREAT-COND_W0QQitemZ5864815750QQcategoryZ64616QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$346 and 17 bids!
I wonder whats under that blanket.. :rolleyes: (real stereo)

I have an uber alarm clock. It projects the time onto my ceiling so I don't have to turn my head to see the time. Its also not that bright so I can still sleep.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis