Bose PS321 Subwoofer - Rewiring for another system

T

timli711

Audiophyte
Bump..!

I have a GS 3-2-1 system (series III, I think) and I am without the interconnect (acoustimass) link cable.

I'm not paying Bose ~$180AUD for the replacement...

kucor88 's post seems to confirm that this is possible, although his uses a different input? The one mine uses is the square, 15(?)-pin connection.

I'm just wondering if anyone is able to clarify his work, or provide a better (translated) explanation.

Thanks in advance
I use a 15-wire cable to connect the music module unit and the subwoofer. The key point is using needles of 0.6mm for the 11 small holes and 0.8mm for the two larger holes. Remember every color wire on every hole must be matched on both sides. Every needle must by broken to about 1 cm length and after the copper wire is attached to the needle hole, fixing it by soldering. When all the wires are well inserted, use a plastic glue gun to freeze the insertion in position, then the link is well established, then you saved 180AUD.
20201122_003900.jpg
20201121_233110.jpg
20201121_222352.jpg
20201121_222408.jpg

T

timli711

Audiophyte
Bump..!

I have a GS 3-2-1 system (series III, I think) and I am without the interconnect (acoustimass) link cable.

I'm not paying Bose ~$180AUD for the replacement...

kucor88 's post seems to confirm that this is possible, although his uses a different input? The one mine uses is the square, 15(?)-pin connection.

I'm just wondering if anyone is able to clarify his work, or provide a better (translated) explanation.

Thanks in advance
I have made a link cable with a 15-wire cable and needles. Use 0.8mm for the two large holes and 0.6mm for the rest 11 holes. Solder every wire to the needle holes. After inert all needles into the socket holes on both sides of the music module and subwoofer in the corresponding positions. After insertion, fix the needles with a plastic gun.

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have made a link cable with a 15-wire cable and needles. Use 0.8mm for the two large holes and 0.6mm for the rest 11 holes. Solder every wire to the needle holes. After inert all needles into the socket holes on both sides of the music module and subwoofer in the corresponding positions. After insertion, fix the needles with a plastic gun.
Ingenious, but Bose gear is just not worth that much trouble.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Wow never seen such a complex cable or repair job .. was the sound worth all that work ?
A working used one is probably cheap
321 system is only $899 new ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
M

Macho2910

Audiophyte
Hi

I got a same story like you.I was opened the sub and look on the internet to he details and on the and I can now connect to any universal system.

actually it is verry simple circuit what is inside first wat its need to look the IC -its the tda 7396 (all of the data can found on the internet). so first its need to find the audio input pins on the connector of the sub so fallow the 1. and the 2. leg from the ic

then the second thing what its needed to look is the standby leg this is the 8. leg. It's need to connect to the +Vs point this are for examle the 3. and the 9. leg. it's can to bridge it verry esaly but also it's possible to put one switch.

My personal test was so:

It's works perfectly but like on the picture it can see that I need to repair some solderings..and that 2 little edittings under the connector is also my repair because my panel is demaged....
so now I will make it normally and then it will look normally..

I hope that I was help how to " hack " the bose 321 subwoofer...
Hi

I got a same story like you.I was opened the sub and look on the internet to he details and on the and I can now connect to any universal system.

actually it is verry simple circuit what is inside first wat its need to look the IC -its the tda 7396 (all of the data can found on the internet). so first its need to find the audio input pins on the connector of the sub so fallow the 1. and the 2. leg from the ic

then the second thing what its needed to look is the standby leg this is the 8. leg. It's need to connect to the +Vs point this are for examle the 3. and the 9. leg. it's can to bridge it verry esaly but also it's possible to put one switch.

My personal test was so:

It's works perfectly but like on the picture it can see that I need to repair some solderings..and that 2 little edittings under the connector is also my repair because my panel is demaged....

Wich is the value for +Vs?

C

Clive74

Audiophyte
Hi from Spain first thanks for your work it's amazing. I tried to find information about that and i see your web . I want to ask you if it's possible to do it, in ps321 series 3 . Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my english.
Same here, got the same system as you.
Anybody discovered the pinouts for this type of plug?
Thanks in advance

C

C Squared

Audiophyte
All the info that everyone has pretty much asked for is in the service manual
Here is the link: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1505754/Bose-3-2-1gs-Series-Ii.html
just go and download it, much easier to read in pdf

I am attempting the same thing (to use my bass module with my external receiver) but i still cant figure out how to get power to my bass module, mine does not have the switch.

Attachments

C

Clive74

Audiophyte
Yes just looked at it, thanks for the manual by the way. Maybe it has a switch in the other plug (speaker out) will check about that and let you know.

E

evzen

Audiophyte
Hi

My personal test was so:

Hi....i try today ..also got a subw..and trying like that...but no sound...only when is turn on litle bit...and off..it sounds like 2-3 sec....why??? i dont know...i studuied...the tda 7396...cirquit ect...but no result...any advice??thanx

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis