Bose Lifestyles 12 - Output not working

U

Unregistered

Hi, I am hoping the experts here can help me. I have an older Bose Lifestyles 12 system, and the right rear speaker output no longer works. I made sure it wasn't the speaker, and it definately is in fact the output. I have a feeling that internally it may have just lost contact, but my problem is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the back panel on the subwoofer to get at the output. It looks as if a special tool may be needed, or possibly that I am going about it the wrong way, but either way any attempts to pry the back off have just left ugly gashes in the plastic cover. I know they do this to prevent people from doing exactly what I want to do, but I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for something that can be fixed in a matter of seconds if I can get the cover off. Thanks!

Also, another issue I am having with the system is that the display no longer works - it is blank. It isn't a big issue as I only use the remote, but if anyone knows if this is likely an easy fix let me know. I will check back here or my email is Saleen8927@aol.com. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis