Bose Acoustimass 10

M

maualcala

Audiophyte
Hello Group .
I have a question.
I have a Bose Acoustimass 10.
How can I use it just as a Subwoofer on a Pionner Élite Reciber?
Can I connect it on the pre out subwoofer rca connector?
Thank's for your help.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What inputs does the bose unit have? It's not quite like a normal sub, but maybe it can still be used with a traditional AVR without the cubes.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The bose subwoofer should have LFE connect ability if it is an Acoustimas 10 series III or higher. You would use the LFE cable(blue with yellow cap) from its proprietary connector bundle and connect it to the AVR sub pre out.

M

maualcala

Audiophyte
The bose subwoofer should have LFE connect ability if it is an Acoustimas 10 series III or higher. You would use the LFE cable(blue with yellow cap) from its proprietary connector bundle and connect it to the AVR sub pre out.
Its the series II

M

maualcala

Audiophyte
Then what you want to do is not possible.
The thing is that I had it connected to my previous old Sony receiver connected all the outputs to the subwoofer output of my receiver.
With out connect the speakers in to the Bose acoustimass.
And was working perfectly.
Any ideas?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The bass module for the Acoustimass 10 Series II is a passive module. You must have used speaker wires connected to the speaker terminals of the Sony receiver and connected them to the module. Using a sub pre-out from another receiver will not work because although it sends a LFE signal, it will not power the bose module.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like your Sony was an HTIB type receiver that provides for passive subs, which is pretty much the only place you'll find such receivers....as was mentioned all a sub pre-out on most receivers offers is a line signal, expecting the sub to have it's own amplifier. Personally the Bose bass module is far from a sub to begin with, time for a real one!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis