BOSE 301 and 201 Series V Mounting

S

symbosis

Audiophyte
Hey!
I got my 301's and 201's a week back and after spending 2 days on the net trying to figure out how to mount them i came here...i got the mounts from the bose store but they are not bose...i finally found them on the net...they go by the name of ADULTRAD ULTRAMOUNT...

http://www.penhometheatre.com.au/images/ultramountspeaker.jpg

Now I dont know wether i can drill into the back of the speaker cuz i dont wanna go through the bloody thing!!!! There may be mechanisms and such...

Seeing the bose guy recommended this to me im thinking that you can but can som1 plz confirm..i just wana set the thing up and chiillllll!!!!

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
Welcome

Welcome to the site. And I mean that. That being said, I don't know how much you looked around here, but like most Audiophile sites, Bose are not the most respected brand on the market, to say the least. My suggestion would be, if you still have the receipt, return them and do some research into some other brands. You could pick up four Athena bookshelves (B1s or B2s) and have a better set and pocket some cash on top of it. Check out some of the online vendors as well. Axiom would be a good start.

I once bought a pair of 301's myself a long time ago. I used standard mounts and they worked well. Then the WAF kicked in, this time it was a blessing. She hated them, so I returned them and bought a pair of Mirage FRX-ones (now discontinued). The were about half the size and sounded 10 times better.

I hope this helps and is taken in the spirit thats intended.

S

symbosis

Audiophyte
Hey Thanks mate

na..i got this from abroad mate....so im pretty much stuck with it....what i want to know is that if it would be possible to drill through a small distance in the bacK without harming any of the equipment inside...

S

s2pdname

Junior Audioholic
I used to have a pair of 201's, mounted on a wall for surrounds, and yes you can drill into the back of the speaker. I mounted the bracket in between the wire connection area and the top of the speaker. I don't have them anymore, so I don't know if there is enough room in that space for you particular bracket type.

Cheers.

S

symbosis

Audiophyte
Hmm..thats good news mate...any idea what kinda screw u used..how big?
cheers
thanks

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Assuming there are screws around the drivers, why dont you take them out and see where electronics are inside to make sure you dont hit anything.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
na..i got this from abroad mate....so im pretty much stuck with it
As long as you did not buy the bose speakers we can give you some slack.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
And what if he did...

Privateer said:
...at least HE didn't drop $7500 for 3kHz of center-channel bandwidth...

jimHJJ(...as my friend Vito used to say "sauzeech his own"...I didn't say it was funny...)

Privateer said:
As long as YOU recognize that some people happen to like Bose and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. It would be good to keep Bose critiques in forum threads that ask for them. It gets old very quickly when people run to condemn that company at every opportunity.

We're not saving the world here.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis