B

bose1801owener

Audiophyte
now if you are in the market for one of these it is difficult it is very hard to find reviews because the thing is so rare i recently picked one up for a whole 400 bucks a hell of a steal there are a few things to look for does it have the power meters and the vu meters also need to check to see if the caps are leaking if you got all that and it works your looking at around 850 to 900 on the used market but now you want to know how it sounds well amazing this amp surprised me and stuck me to my chair it sounds better than any other high end amp i have owned btw that is alot i have 10 sitting in my basement 3 more in the spare bedroom 2 in my room and one i just gave to my brother anyways this amp blows them all away it is more dynamic lifelike and fast it has amazing bass and no i dont mean boomy rattle your windows bass i mean its deep fast and shows is presence without it being overwhelming if you find this amp get it not only does it look amazing but it sounds even better than it looks now make sure you have speakers that can handle it even if you turn the gain down.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
now if you are in the market for one of these it is difficult it is very hard to find reviews because the thing is so rare i recently picked one up for a whole 400 bucks a hell of a steal there are a few things to look for does it have the power meters and the vu meters also need to check to see if the caps are leaking if you got all that and it works your looking at around 850 to 900 on the used market but now you want to know how it sounds well amazing this amp surprised me and stuck me to my chair it sounds better than any other high end amp i have owned btw that is alot i have 10 sitting in my basement 3 more in the spare bedroom 2 in my room and one i just gave to my brother anyways this amp blows them all away it is more dynamic lifelike and fast it has amazing bass and no i dont mean boomy rattle your windows bass i mean its deep fast and shows is presence without it being overwhelming if you find this amp get it not only does it look amazing but it sounds even better than it looks now make sure you have speakers that can handle it even if you turn the gain down.
Well I hope you have good homeowners or renters insurance.

Those amps are rare because like most vintage units that become rare is because they were no good. Your unit has a terrible flaw. It has a Zener diode in the output stage that is prone to blow. When it does the power transistors blow, but worse a large resistor gets red hot and melts the circuit board so it can not be repaired. It also has caused house fires.

So I would drop that unit like a "hot potato."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis