Boqari - Handling a scam.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
As knowledgeable Audioholics, what would you do if you and a lot of other unknowing consumers were suckered into a scam where you could buy a pair of $299 list-priced sound-quality headphones for $29 on an Amazon "lightening deal" (decision within 20 minutes for me), only to find out they were not even worth $29 after you heard them. Also, the user feedback reviews on the Amazon site were being flooded with bogus positive feedback to "game the reviews" for four and five star results to keep drawing people in.

Here is what I did. I issued an engineering-format "public service analysis" called "Addressing Customer Complaints - Boqari Q1 Ear Bud Headphones" by Exit9 in the following link.

http://http://www.amazon.com/BOQARI-Metal-Earbuds-Headphones-Travel/product-reviews/B003CF9UPQ/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

It is the third Boqari headphone review down on the page, but it may move down the page, as they post the last comments first. Let me know if you find this interesting, either positive or negative.

I know it is a little long and some people may lose interest, but it is one of my better crafted reviews/analyses I believe and I designed it to read fast. I did it to warn people, but also to cause the company to rethink its approach to product sound quality and the audio market. I may not be 100% correct in discussing audible distortion causes for example- but I did what I could with what I know.

I tried to stick to the facts when making conclusions and opinions. Also, you need to read between the lines. For example, what situations did I say these headphones were good for versus the mass market. If they are not good for much, why buy them? Also, the unfamiliar words are worth looking up in a dictionary if you are curious and you will find they have precision meaning that you may find funny.

I was trying to warn any other knowledgeable buyers, such as the Audioholics community on what these headphones were about. I kind of felt understatement may be more effective here since there was so much hype, but maybe I was not direct enough for the average reader. If you think I was out -of-line or too harsh/lenient in my treatment, let me know. If you have the time to go through the site, I think you might be surprised at the marketing approach and hype.

Today is 3/23/11, so it has been nearly three days without a smart-*** counter reply from the "marketing department". Maybe they are thinking about making something good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis