Bookshelf speaker stand recommendations?

R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
I am looking for an functional, attractive pair of bookshelf speaker stands. The speaker are 10.6"H x 6.5"W x 7.3"D and weight about 8 lbs each. I figure that the height of stand will need to be somewhere in the 24"-31" range. Brands that I have looked at include Sanus, Wood Technology, Plateau, and StudioTech. My price range is somewhere under $100, including shipping if purchased online.

R

rack04

Junior Audioholic
Has anyone ordered from rackandstands.com? They seem to have a large selection with free shipping. Do most of the wooden speaker stand need to be filled to have stability? The reason that I ask is because I found these and it says that they cannot be filled.

Last edited:
JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Most of the wooden stands I'm aware of can not be sand filled. The metal stands can usually be sand filled. Once again www.partsexpress.com is a good place to check out. As often as I see that place mentioned on this site I wonder if we should get a discount for the free advertising. By the way a mixture of sand and lead shot is actually better than sand alone.:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis