BluRays released by Universal

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a pet peeve with every bluray in my possession released by Universal. Why does it cause the player to lock up if paused for over 5 minutes? That's barely enough time to go to the bathroom, make room for another beer, run to the kitchen realize you forgot your beer glass, run down into the basement get the beer glass and then back to the kitchen and pour it carefully into the glass without leaving much of a head, run down and resume play. By the time I hit play, the dam Universal logo is spinning across teh screen and there is no way to get back to the bluray. I have to eject the disc and start it again. This happens on all of my bluray players, Yamaha, Sony4K, Panasonic and Oppo. Anyone else run into this issue?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Clearly… you need to rethink either your bathroom or beer pouring habits.
:p
Admittedly, I don’t rightly know if I own a universal Blu-ray. Now I’m curious.
Any good recommendations? ;)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I have a pet peeve with every bluray in my possession released by Universal. Why does it cause the player to lock up if paused for over 5 minutes? That's barely enough time to go to the bathroom, make room for another beer, run to the kitchen realize you forgot your beer glass, run down into the basement get the beer glass and then back to the kitchen and pour it carefully into the glass without leaving much of a head, run down and resume play. By the time I hit play, the dam Universal logo is spinning across teh screen and there is no way to get back to the bluray. I have to eject the disc and start it again. This happens on all of my bluray players, Yamaha, Sony4K, Panasonic and Oppo. Anyone else run into this issue?
My two Sony’s do the same dam thing with there Blu-ray’s every single time drives me nuts I’ve even went into the menu’s to try and stop this to no avail . So yes it’s universal’s issue I’d say some times if I hit stop it will take me back to the screen but all bets are off on it happening every time .

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Clearly… you need to rethink either your bathroom or beer pouring habits.
:p
Admittedly, I don’t rightly know if I own a universal Blu-ray. Now I’m curious.
Any good recommendations? ;)
Serenity

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My two Sony’s do the same dam thing with there Blu-ray’s every single time drives me nuts I’ve even went into the menu’s to try and stop this to no avail . So yes it’s universal’s issue I’d say some times if I hit stop it will take me back to the screen but all bets are off on it happening every time .
I looked too but to no avail.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've played Universal discs where it does bring up their logo/screensaver thing if paused for a bit, but don't recall having an issue in getting the movie to continue to play, with a coupla different Sony bluray players and an Oppo 203. I think I need to use the enter button rather than the play button to continue....but I'll just have to experiment a bit with the next one I play. I suppose that it could be authoring of a specific disc that could be different....you guys have this with all Universal bluray titles?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've played Universal discs where it does bring up their logo/screensaver thing if paused for a bit, but don't recall having an issue in getting the movie to continue to play, with a coupla different Sony bluray players and an Oppo 203. I think I need to use the enter button rather than the play button to continue....but I'll just have to experiment a bit with the next one I play. I suppose that it could be authoring of a specific disc that could be different....you guys have this with all Universal bluray titles?
Yes

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yea everyone I have does that at first I thought the player was off in settings but like 3db narrowed it down to this brand Too .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Does what at first?
When you pause the movie if it’s an extended time 5 minutes or so when you hit play again to resume the movie you have to go clear out and start the movie over from the beginning as these universal made disc’s seem to lock up my players it does it on both my players only on pause .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When you pause the movie if it’s an extended time 5 minutes or so when you hit play again to resume the movie you have to go clear out and start the movie over from the beginning as these universal made disc’s seem to lock up my players it does it on both my players only on pause .
I'll test and report back....maybe I haven't paused long enough to notice....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I'll test and report back....maybe I haven't paused long enough to notice....
Now on other brands of disc’s I can pause and it will go to the screen saver and hit play or pause and the movie will start right up now matter how long it’s been paused really weird !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you get a chance to test?
I did but just on the Oppo and the Oppo screensaver took over, had used that disc on a Sony player earlier and remember getting the Universal screen saver.....so will need to find not only more Universal titles but experimenting while paying attention to this sort of thing....which like I said hasn't been an issue for me so.....but am keeping it in mind and will report when I have something more specific....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
This has been the case with Universal blu-rays and my Sony UBP-X800 as well. Leave it paused too long and you are SOL. I keep a bed pan in the living room now.:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe some actual titles causing this might help (and help me match if I have 'em)

ps any difference between basic bluray and their 4k/hd brethren?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Last one for me was F9. Maybe the player was trying to tell me something.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis