Bluetooth Headphones

S

shubox56

Junior Audioholic
I'm in the market for a solid Bluetooth (?) headphone to pair with a Samsung TV. TV to be purchased this week:
Samsung UN50TU7000FXZA
Budget: $350 (ish)
Style: Over the ear

I want a rock solid connection that doesn't skip a beat due to occasional (or often) loss of connection. This is VERY important to me. Misguided? Unrealistic?

I currently use a wired Bose Noise Cancellation headset that I love, but it's older and I want to "get mobile". If I can find a solid great sounding headphone that is noise cancelling, that would be great. Out there?

Uses include late night surround sound movie watching (immersive) as well as streaming music.

Many thanks! Ken

S

shubox56

Junior Audioholic
Thank you. Also looking at the slightly higher priced Bose 700's.

S

shubox56

Junior Audioholic
Another thought --- since I still enjoy my older Bose Quiet 15's, wired of course, is there a small solidly reliable Bluetooth device that will flawlessly pair with my new Samsung TV that would be a fraction of the cost of new headphones? If it's cheesy (the thought), I'll pass and buck-up.

EDIT: Forgot to mention --- plug the headphones into the Bluetooth device. Assumed I'm sure. ;-)

S

shubox56

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for that tip. Also looking at the BTunes for QC15 on Amazon. $10 cheaper with decent reviews.

Either device sure seems worth a try.

G

genewiseman

Audiophyte
I use Bose qc35's in the shop every day. Last I looked , they have dropped in price and would sure fit the bill if you are happy with your old headphones. I have been using mine for 5 years or so now with no problems at all. I realize that I am just stating the obvious but...

S

shubox56

Junior Audioholic
Question:. Does anyone have experience with the latest noise cancelling Sony and/or Bose 700 Bluetooth headphones? I'm curious if the SQ is better or worse than my dated Bose Q15?

S

shubox56

Junior Audioholic
I use Bose qc35's in the shop every day. Last I looked , they have dropped in price and would sure fit the bill if you are happy with your old headphones. I have been using mine for 5 years or so now with no problems at all. I realize that I am just stating the obvious but...
Thank you, sir. I will check them out while seeking feedback about the latest and greatest Sony and Bose. :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Are the Sony and Bose headphone rated so high because of the Bluetooth and
noise canceling capabilities, or aside from that are they great sounding headphones?

I spent the weekend reading headphone threads and rankings, that’s deep water to navigate...

those Focal’s.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Are the Sony and Bose headphone rated so high because of the Bluetooth and
noise canceling capabilities, or aside from that are they great sounding headphones?

I spent the weekend reading headphone threads and rankings, that’s deep water to navigate...

those Focal’s.
Sound is trash on most Bluetooth headphones. The only headphones I suggest is the Beyerdynamic Lagoon/traveler ANC and M&D MW65 if you care about listening to music as well.

you either sacrifice ANC or Sound, anyone that enjoys headphones would be wise to choose sound.

@shubox56 if you plan on strictly doing movies/TV I would end up spending that much money. NAD has the P70 for 150 on drop formerly Massdrop. I think that would be more than sufficient for your use factor and a great price. Used to run 300, but they are being discontinued I believe.

If you go with drop you save money, but you must wait 3-4 weeks for delivery. Based on reviews I’ve seen for them they seem like a quality pair of movie headphones

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
I won some Sony XM4's (silver) and wore them once but don't like full sized headphones so if you want a deal on basically a brand new pair hit me up ha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis