Bluetooth for non- wireless headphones?

M

markustg

Enthusiast
I still like my Sennheiser RS 165 RF Wireless Headphones, but my new TV does not have a red/white 1/4" RCA audio out nor a 1/8" audio out.

The TV of course has wifi - blue tooth, and I really don't want to just buy another set of headphones.

I am looking for a bluetooth receiver that would stay plugged in to a power source, that has a 1/8" stereo mini jack, so that I can use that paired with my TV to send an audio signal to my headphones, which only have the 1/8" mini jack on the charging stand.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thnx

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Is the TV receiving or transmitting Bluetooth? It has to be transmitting in order to use an outboard receiver for your headphones.

Honestly, I’d advise returning the TV and getting one that has the connections that you need. Even if you can use an outboard Bluetooth receiver, you’re probably going to have some annoying delay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

M

markustg

Enthusiast
Yes the TV is a SAMSUNG QLED Q60R 4K TV with wireless and bluetooth. It the headphones that are the stopper, they are wireless but the base has the 1/8" stereo mini plug for the signal

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Well, that doesn’t really tell us what we need to know. I guess just get a Bluetooth receiver and hope for the best. Be sure it has a generous return policy...

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well, that doesn’t really tell us what we need to know. I guess just get a Bluetooth receiver and hope for the best. Be sure it has a generous return policy...

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I think you'd need a bluetooth transmitter for listening to TV with wireless headphones. I've only tried two and neither worked for me.
g751VGTX-F.jpg
71SLOlKfbvL._SL1500_.jpg

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
not exactly sure if this would work in your situation but i bought several of these from monoprice on sale at $5 each.
have one connected to an older non bluetooth denon. it sounds great and works perfectly streaming spotify via my phone

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38479

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I just picked up one of these. It requires a USB power supply, which is dirt cheap but, when the internal batteries are charged it'll play for several hours, And, it's tiny and inexpensive.

1561935644845.png

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Bluetooth-Receiver-Wireless-Hands-Free/dp/B00O8FYUJA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=10FP0U5ZLG7BX&keywords=aukey+bluetooth+receiver&qid=1561935404&s=electronics&sprefix=aukey,aps,207&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

We use it outside on the deck to play music from our phones into the amp/speakers out there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A brief look at your manual it does seem to have transmitting option, this from page 102 of your manual:
Listening to the TV through Bluetooth devicesSettingsSoundSound OutputBluetooth Speaker ListYou can connect Bluetooth audio devices to the TV. They must be paired using the TV's Bluetooth function. For more information on pairing, refer to the Bluetooth audio device's operating manual."This function may not be supported depending on the model or geographical area."If the TV fails to find a Bluetooth audio device, place the device closer to the TV, and then select Refresh."When you turn on a paired Bluetooth audio device, the TV detects it automatically, and then displays a pop-up window. Use this pop-up window to activate/deactivate the Bluetooth audio device."The sound quality may be affected by the condition of the Bluetooth connection."Before using a Bluetooth audio device, refer to “Read Before Using Bluetooth Devices"

Maybe one of the devices like Bradymartin suggested would be worth a try.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis