Blu-ray's Dirty Little Secret

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Actually I like the title. I had no idea that so many titles were available with just a little creativity. Thanks OP.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
I’m staying out of this debate over HD and Blu-Ray, its home cinema politics.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Cheap shot was at the OP, not Clint.
:)

In case you didn't see the author's name at the top of the article, Clint is the OP/author. As for it being a poor thread, maybe in your opinion, but as for me, I appreciate it as I would not have thought to look in other parts of the world to see if there are titles on one format in the US and another in other places (at least legitimate ones;)). I would have to want a movie pretty badly to order it from overseas, but it's still nice to know I can possibly find it in the format I need.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
It's one of the little joys of the Internet. People get to go off on half cocked rants.

Well... It looks like Anthony over at remotecentral doesn't like Clint's article.
Total Posts: 19,592
- An average of 59.7 posts per week.

Um... Wow. Let's not be too upset here, he seems to really take this stuff to heart. We, on the other hand (and I didn't even write this article) are simply reporting on things that the average person might find interesting.

So far, from what I can tell, 100% of all people who have slammed this article are staunch Blu-ray supporters who have already bought a Blu-ray player. They assume we're pro HD DVD, when in fact we couldn't care less who "wins" since we believe both formats will ultimately be niche.

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Total Posts: 19,592
- An average of 59.7 posts per week.

Um... Wow. Let's not be too upset here, he seems to really take this stuff to heart. We, on the other hand (and I didn't even write this article) are simply reporting on things that the average person might find interesting.

So far, from what I can tell, 100% of all people who have slammed this article are staunch Blu-ray supporters who have already bought a Blu-ray player. They assume we're pro HD DVD, when in fact we couldn't care less who "wins" since we believe both formats will ultimately be niche.
I agree. The individual in question at remotecentral has been on his high horse about Blu-ray for weeks now. He is a Blu-ray owner and thinks HD DVD is pretty much worthless.

Like you Clint, I too could care less. I just wish there were only one format. But in all likelihood both formats are doomed. By the time the dust settles a new format from another company will be entering the market.

F

Fred333

Junior Audioholic
Yea this industry changes it seems everyday. I wish they would just come up with one universal format so we could share information effectively across all channels.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Yea this industry changes it seems everyday. I wish they would just come up with one universal format so we could share information effectively across all channels.
Are you nuts!!! That would be too easy and good for the consumer!;):D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis