Blu-ray player freezes

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sometimes my blu-ray player will "freeze up" after a few minutes when playing a Blu-ray Disc, but not all the time. It only happens after I've played a DVD disc! The player will not respond to remote control or front panel buttons, I have to remove / reinsert the power cord ("cold boot" it, I guess), then it will play the entire Blu-ray Disc no problem. I installed a 8 gb thumb drive in the rear usb slot, I will experiment to see if problem happens without the thumb drive, or if using a higher capacity drive helps. It's a Yamaha BD-S477 (no longer manufactured).

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Sometimes my blu-ray player will "freeze up" after a few minutes when playing a Blu-ray Disc, but not all the time. It only happens after I've played a DVD disc! The player will not respond to remote control or front panel buttons, I have to remove / reinsert the power cord ("cold boot" it, I guess),then it will play the entire Blu-ray Disc no problem. I installed a 8 gb thumb drive in the rear usb slot, I will experiment to see if problem happens without the thumb drive, or if using a higher capacity drive helps. It's a Yamaha BD-S477 (no longer manufactured).
Sounds like a firmware glitch. Have been to the support site for that unit to see if there are firmware updates, you have not installed?

Yes there is an update available. Make sure you do it with a WIRED connection and NOT Wi-Fi.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Sounds like a firmware glitch. Have been to the support site for that unit to see if there are firmware updates, you have not installed?

Yes there is an update available. Make sure you do it with a WIRED connection and NOT Wi-Fi.
TLS Guy, top of the morning to you Sir! ;) It’s Ole Timers like You Sir, that’s very knowledgeable and has Tons, of experience with this hobby! This is why I use no other site it’s the very Best cause of guys like You, our leader “Gene” and his Staff, that go out of their way! Outstanding post TLS!! :)

Mike

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis