Blown Subwoofer - Good Satellites

W

wharrison

Audiophyte
So I blew out my subwoofer because the positive and negative connectors toched at the back of the unit. Now I have 4 perfectly good satelites but no way to power them or accept any audio input. Does anyone have any suggestions on a prodcut or circuit design that would allow me to hook up my satelites to some source of power and at the same time take an audio in put stream, from say an RCA-IN or Line-In connection?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What brand/model? What receiver are you using? If the satellites aren't too small, they may be able to be driven right off your receiver, providing the receiver has a crossover setting high enough to keep too much bass from going to them. Then you can just replace the sub with another one in your price range. Most subs do not have outputs for a full set of speakers, they generally only have outputs for the front 2 speakers.

W

wharrison

Audiophyte
Altec Lansing 641

I am using the altec lansing 641's. The subwoofer I had was powering the speakers and outputting sound to them. I want to be able to connect my computer or tv to the speakers, but just need some device to take in all 4 speaker wires and power the speakers at the same time. Thats for your reply.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That means you'll have to look at getting that sub repaired or replaced, otherwise you'll need to look into a receiver AND a new sub. It wouldn't happen to be under warranty would it?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
641s! I love those.

I would get the sub repared. Is it the drivers or the amp? Those speakers are sweet, I wanted them forever but they stopped making them. One thing you will find is that the speakers won't sound good withought the sub and visa verca, I tried my logitech sub by itself with my theater and it sounded horrible.

sheep

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis