blowing speakers using 4 fronts?

S

scarecrow

Audioholic Intern
I've been using 4 fronts (a+b), I've blown one and notice when using all 4 they distort when volume is raised. When I use only 2 fronts they sound better and don't distort as easily if at all. Is using 4 speakers on front overtaxing my amp and causing it to damage my speakers when I put the volume up? Thanks.

D

denverdoc

Enthusiast
Yep. From what you describe your amp is clipping as a result of driving too low an impedance load. You need bigger speakers and better amp :eek: or turn it down :(
John

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I would recommend never running both A+B at the same time. Way too much stress on the amp. B is designed for a separate zone. Why are you running two sets of fronts?

S

scarecrow

Audioholic Intern
I was running them at each corner of the room to totally control the room, my rear output is down, to get rid of all unwanted noise, I have a powerful amp and strong speakers so I didn't realize that it's still a no no, not realizing it's a matter of physics or science. You might have an awesome car with a v10 6 litre but no matter how strong it is you still can't throw nitrus and sand into the engine because you think it might give it a boost, just made an elementary mistake, glad I realize now and not after the whole system got really hurt.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis