Blockbuster Video Files for Bankruptcy

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The 2.0 isn't that bad at all. On most of what I have been streaming, I don't even notice it actually (comedies, documentaries, etc...)
Agreed, but if/when they add 5.1 I'll be more likely to stream movies, if I find any movies I want to stream.

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Movie Gallery also went out of business this year in Canada. I also brought a movie back first thing in the morning (should have brought it back the night before) so in essence it was about 10 hrs late, and they wanted to charge me a week for late fees. I never went back...oh yes I did, when I cleaned out my garage and used their dumpster to unload the truck with junk!! The teenager's face through the window was priceless.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Blockbuster can rot as far as I'm concerned. At the B&M locations, the price of a rental is $4.99 + tax. Even if you return it within 24 hours, you pay the same price. Hollywood Video used to have an incentive if you returned the video within 24 hours of renting it, you'd receive a $1.00 credit towards a future rental.

Additionally, a few months back, we were late in returning 2 movies to Blockbuster. Normally, they call as a "reminder" to let us know they're approaching the due date. This time they didn't. They also didn't leave any messages that the videos had been returned late. We ended up not going back to the video store for over a month to get movies again, since we also use Red Box. Blockbuster turned the overdue rental fees over to a collection agency, who in turn, notified us to pay up the $10.50, or else ... our credit score could be affected.

R.I.P., Blockbuster.
That's real bad; I'd be pissed too. Unfortunately for me, the one down the block from me has been great. I speak to the people who work there, they are a short walk from my house, they take care of any problems, suggest movies, they have lots of old, foreign and indie films and lots of copies of current hits. They even don't get pissy if I rent a movie, take it home, decide 20 minutes later to swap for something else...And...they are closing so nothing I do isn't a step down.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Lumping all Block Busters together is the same as lumping all banks together. Its all manager dependent like Skizzerflake eluded too. If the manager is poor, that particular bank branch or that particular blockbuster outlet is going to leave one with a bad taste. However, the opposite is also true. I'm suspecting those who had bad experiences with blockbuster must have been run my poor managers concentrating on the money and not on the service.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Lumping all Block Busters together is the same as lumping all banks together. Its all manager dependent like Skizzerflake eluded too. If the manager is poor, that particular bank branch or that particular blockbuster outlet is going to leave one with a bad taste. However, the opposite is also true. I'm suspecting those who had bad experiences with blockbuster must have been run my poor managers concentrating on the money and not on the service.
Yes and no. I've has similar experiences at multiple stores. I agree that it depends though. It isn't the people who worked there who were the issue, it was the company and how they did business at times. For the most part they were ok, but when they made mistakes, they left me with such a bad taste that I wouldn't go back.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes and no. I've has similar experiences at multiple stores. I agree that it depends though. It isn't the people who worked there who were the issue, it was the company and how they did business at times. For the most part they were ok, but when they made mistakes, they left me with such a bad taste that I wouldn't go back.
I was once charged of losing a DVD and I told them to keep looking for it until they found it. They never said anything to me....I kept bringing it up asking if they found out and 3 weeks later they found it. I can understand your point..espicially if they handled your situation poorly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis