D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Probably along with The Thing my favorite monsters of all-time. The first goes into the film production. The second--are you fucking kidding me??? Nerd Explains. Thought you'd enjoy.:)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I loved the original Blob movie. I'll have to check this one out.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The original was a B rate piece of s#%t. Actually, so was the remake. The original at least had camp appeal and Steve McQueen, though he was credited as Steven McQueen. It also had a theme song by Bacharach/David(Mack not Hal) that sticks with you like, well, a Blob. The remake had that cool sink scene and Candy Clarke! Seriously, I so wanted the Blob to take that little brat in the original movie.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In my opinion, the 88 remake is much superior to the Steve McQueen version. The McQueen version is talky and doesn't have enough monster mayhem, even by the standards of monster movies of its day (the 78 version is easily the worst of the lot, however). I love the 88 version and own the blu-ray. It's a terrifically paced movie that delivers everything that it promises. The practical effects are very good, and the monster mayhem is very imaginative. If I were to make a top 10 monster movie list, it would be way up there. To be honest, I am surprised they haven't tried to remake the Blob since then, since it seems like an easy creature to produce in CGI.

By the way, the Red Letter Media guys like the '88 Blob as well.
But maybe the best version of this monster came from an episode of Lights Out from 1937. This episode is absolutely killer. Could be made into a fantastic modern horror movie in the hands of a talented filmmaker with a decent budget.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked most versions of it lol. Just a fun movie, but the '88 is the best.

I just received the 4K disc of The Thing for Xmas. I watched it right away LMAO. Interesting addition of DTS-X, it expands the sound in some spots, but does not really add anything new to the mix. Looks better than I've ever seen it though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis