Binding Post Jumpers

Y

Yeti

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I recently purchased a pair of PSB Stratus Gold speakers that are about 6-7 years old. They are the model with the binding posts on the bottom of the speaker. The jumper wire between the two sets of binding posts on each speaker is really small. I don't know if it's the original. If I'm not going to bi-wire or bi-amp and will keep a jumper in place, do I need to get a larger gauge jumper? I don't know how much current will flow through it, so I don't know if size matters, in this case.</font>

U

Ultra Nexus

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>It surely depends on the power rating of the speaker. Do you know this value?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Since I bought them used, I don't have the manuals to check, but the spec on the latest version (Gold i) is:
INPUT POWER (RMS Clipping &lt;10% Time)
Recommended &nbsp;15-300 Watts
Program 250 Watts
Dynamic Peak5 00 Watts
4 ohms

I've heard the spec on the new version is pretty close to the old.

The receiver is an Onkyo TX-DS777, with Continuous Power output (DIN) 140 watts at 6 ohms and
Maximum Power output (EIAJ) 170 watts at 6 ohms.

Thanks</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I had PSB Stratus Mini's and the jumpers are not wires, instead they are Z shaped sheet of copper(?) that custom made to fit the binding posts exactly. &nbsp; But as for performace, I've heard some suggestions to use better cables, e.g., Cardas, and dump the factory jumpers. &nbsp; &nbsp;

Abe</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis