billionaire space boyz....

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
You mean other than you.. I was talking about who would get triggered by my thread... Peace ;)
Triggered? Not even close, just jaw dropped by people who dedicate more time shaming the rich rather than utilizing the opportunity they have in front of them. Honestly I envy the uber wealthy, but I don't dwell on them, it's more encouragement for me to excell.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Triggered? Not even close, just jaw dropped by people who dedicate more time shaming the rich rather than utilizing the opportunity they have in front of them. Honestly I envy the uber wealthy, but I don't dwell on them, it's more encouragement for me to excell.
You misspelled excel...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I thought that if you were actually going to try to excel you might want to learn how to spell... It helps with filling out a resume...
Who gives a poop how we spell on a public forum? Lol. It's basically just a casual conversation as we type :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As far as this topic goes he's a billionaire guess he can do whatever the heck he wants. It's his money like it or not and that kind of money gives you a lot of latitude. As Ryan said hopefully some good can come from it. If not the rest of us little guys got plenty to deal with back here on the ground I've been sp busy at work I've barely had time to pay attention to this

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
As far as this topic goes he's a billionaire guess he can do whatever the heck he wants. It's his money like it or not and that kind of money gives you a lot of latitude. As Ryan said hopefully some good can come from it. If not the rest of us little guys got plenty to deal with back here on the ground I've been sp busy at work I've barely had time to pay attention to this
As least he earned his money the hard way. Most of us can remember Virgin Records. In the '70s, Richard Branson and Nik Powell started a mail-order record retailer and it grew from there , till they sold it. At 16 he had a Student magazine. SO hats off to him.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As least he earned his money the hard way. Most of us can remember Virgin Records. In the '70s, Richard Branson and Nik Powell started a mail-order record retailer and it grew from there , till they sold it. At 16 he had a Student magazine. SO hats off to him.
Yeah I can respect that. I know it's easy to bash on those who have a lot. Heck that's just human nature a little bit. But I'm not sure I want to live in a place that gets to tell you what to do with what you earned. That can be a very slippery slope to go down. I may not agree with everything someonr who has much does with it but in the end that's there choice. They earned it. None of my business I feel. Dude wants to fly in space let him fly in space

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I can respect that. I know it's easy to bash on those who have a lot. Heck that's just human nature a little bit. But I'm not sure I want to live in a place that gets to tell you what to do with what you earned. That can be a very slippery slope to go down. I may not agree with everything someonr who has much does with it but in the end that's there choice. They earned it. None of my business I feel. Dude wants to fly in space let him fly in space
Old news :p

Marx (1847) wrote that "A house may be large or small; as long as the neighboring houses are likewise small, it satisfies all social requirement for a residence. But let there arise next to the little house a palace, and the little house shrinks to a hut

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Chuck didn't buy his own air/spacecraft :)
Nailed it!

THIS right here is why it is a big deal-- We are talking about (finally) starting to privatize space travel, where in the past it has always been government-controlled and funded.

Very interesting if you consider the history of flight. The fact that a couple of common men were the first to succeed at sustained flight was a huge success and opened the door for democratized flight.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nailed it!

THIS right here is why it is a big deal-- We are talking about (finally) starting to privatize space travel, where in the past it has always been government-controlled and funded.

Very interesting if you consider the history of flight. The fact that a couple of common men were the first to succeed at sustained flight was a huge success and opened the door for democratized flight.
The craziest part to me is the amount of time that's passed. 100 years is a tiny drop in the bucket to come as far as we have. It's insane.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Old news :p

Marx (1847) wrote that "A house may be large or small; as long as the neighboring houses are likewise small, it satisfies all social requirement for a residence. But let there arise next to the little house a palace, and the little house shrinks to a hut
Yeah pretty easy to want to be the guy in the big house. You know I actually remember an interesting study of lottery winners I'll have to try to find it they compared the reactions of winners who already had stuff to those that had none of all. I remember the results were pretty fascinating it's off the subject of this post I'll PM it too you if I can find it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nailed it!

Yeah I'm fascinated by this aspect of it as well. Can the privatization of space actually be more efficient and work better then what big government can actually pull off. It'll be cool to see the long term effects of this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, don't know how cost effective it's been (but believe it has been more effective than NASA on their own), but the Space-X partnership with NASA seems to have borne fruit already as well. Space Force not so sure about....

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Well, don't know how cost effective it's been (but believe it has been more effective than NASA on their own), but the Space-X partnership with NASA seems to have borne fruit already as well. Space Force not so sure about....
You are awfully upset about this 'space force'. Unfortunately; for you; you may have to ignore trumps bigot haircut for its existence.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You are awfully upset about this 'space force'. Unfortunately; for you; you may have to ignore trumps bigot haircut for its existence.

LOL no, not awfully upset...but with all the posturing the orange goofus did with it sure didn't help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis