Bill has gone too far

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Pull up a chair and join the club....how do you fight Microsoft???

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Anyone watched the movie "Antitrust?" Pretty scary stuff. Almost makes me paranoid that MS can and does monitor my every keystroke. Ever wonder why your modem or ethernet status lights keep on blinking even after you have shut off your computer...

I like to use Linux. But I am terrible when it comes to command line OS's. As to Apple, I really don't feel like purchasing all those software programs all over again just for a new OS.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
furrycute said:
Ever wonder why your modem or ethernet status lights keep on blinking even after you have shut off your computer...

I think that is doing something else completely. ;)

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
mtrycrafts said:
I think that is doing something else completely. ;)

Sure... That's the "official" explanation. But in this age of the Big Brother, can you trust what you read in your technical manuals? :p

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
furrycute said:
Sure... That's the "official" explanation. But in this age of the Big Brother, can you trust what you read in your technical manuals? :p
Actually those are orphaned IP addresses that bounce from NIC to NIC in an endless loop. But hey what do I know thats just what they tought us, could be another BB conspiracy......shhh, don't talk about it too loud though. :)

I've seen V for Vendetta one tooo many times.

Last edited:
M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but I can assure you that MS is not probing your computer. The cable modem is constantly 'ranging' (looking for the right head-end server to use). After all it is 'always on'.

D

davo

Full Audioholic
stratman said:
Pull up a chair and join the club....how do you fight Microsoft???
Looks like we won't have to fight m/s. They are effectively tying a concrete slab around their neck (and anyone who panders to their game) and trying to swim. It will last a month or two before their accountants and lawyers say WTF!! (Thats even if it makes it to release)

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
LOL

Poor ole bugger looks like he needs another pie in the face!:D

H

HiJon89

Audioholic
furrycute said:
Anyone watched the movie "Antitrust?" Pretty scary stuff. Almost makes me paranoid that MS can and does monitor my every keystroke.
If they monitored every keystroke of every user do you have any idea how many millions of gigabytes of data they would have.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis