Big sale on Polk LSIM lineup

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I don't have any experience with Polks flagship line but this seems like a helluva good deal just saw 50% off of everything

Lsim 707 like $998
Lsim 705 like $748?
And so on

Always been intrigued about these feel like full price there are probably better options at that price point but at that sale price point though they might be a very good buy

What do you guys think?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Polk LSiMs measure really well. I think they are probably a good deal at their regular price let alone the sale price.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
Good horizontal dispersion, vertical dispersion is a bit wacky due to the ring radiator tweeter. Looks are either love it or hate it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Adorama has the LSiM 703's on sale all of the time for $600 a set! That is over half off! Even the LSiM 704c typically is only $300! That also is more than half off! Anyone interested in the Polk LSiM Series needs to keep an eye on Adorama.com. With the Memorial Day holiday right around the corner I bet that the LSiM's will be on a super sale once again. ;)

Cheers,

Phil

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Adorama has the LSiM 703's on sale all of the time for $600 a set! That is over half off! Even the LSiM 704c typically is only $300! That also is more than half off! Anyone interested in the Polk LSiM Series needs to keep an eye on Adorama.com. With the Memorial Day holiday right around the corner I bet that the LSiM's will be on a super sale once again. ;)

Cheers,

Phil
Everytime I check that site it's says, no longer available..

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Everytime I check that site it's says, no longer available..
I get bombarded via my email with their special sales every time I turn around. However, I only looked at the pricing of the 703's and the 704c. It was showing available no more than a week ago. My guess is that Adorama is limiting quantities they use for these flash sales. Of course, I could be wrong.

Either way, the 703's at $600 a set is no doubt a steal. Will watch it a bit closer and see what happens. Honestly, I have been so tempted myself. It is not every day you find deals like that. However, if the 703's/704c are never hardly in stock, then what good is their sale? Such interesting times. :)

Cheers,

Phil

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Good horizontal dispersion, vertical dispersion is a bit wacky due to the ring radiator tweeter. Looks are either love it or hate it.
I don't think the tweeter had anything to do with its vertical dispersion. That is going to be due to its driver layout and crossover design.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I get bombarded via my email with their special sales every time I turn around. However, I only looked at the pricing of the 703's and the 704c. It was showing available no more than a week ago. My guess is that Adorama is limiting quantities they use for these flash sales. Of course, I could be wrong.

Either way, the 703's at $600 a set is no doubt a steal. Will watch it a bit closer and see what happens. Honestly, I have been so tempted myself. It is not every day you find deals like that. However, if the 703's/704c are never hardly in stock, then what good is their sale? Such interesting times. :)

Cheers,

Phil
As you know I am a tower guy, but with the price on the bookshelfs and the center and nice 12" Sub I'd have a very nice entry level audiophile setup. Ummm.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
As you know I am a tower guy, but with the price on the bookshelfs and the center and nice 12" Sub I'd have a very nice entry level audiophile setup. Ummm.
Mike, I have several friends that own the 703's and the 704c. They rave about them. As you know, I focus on standmounts. It is certainly something to think about. Just know that the 703's are rather heavy coming in at close to 30-lbs. Also, both the 703's and the 704c are 3-ways. Just thought that I would mention it. My Taylos that I owned weighed a bit over 30-lbs. and needed good sturdy stands. I would not use cheap stands for the 703's. I do agree Mike that it is very tempting. Provided that they are in stock.

Cheers,

Phil

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Mike, I have several friends that own the 703's and the 704c. They rave about them. As you know, I focus on standmounts. It is certainly something to think about. Just know that the 703's are rather heavy coming in at close to 30-lbs. Also, both the 703's and the 704c are 3-ways. Just thought that I would mention it. My Taylos that I owned weighed a bit over 30-lbs. and needed good sturdy stands. I would not use cheap stands for the 703's. I do agree Mike that it is very tempting. Provided that they are in stock.

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah they sure are big speakers for bookshelf's. Add in a nice 12" Sub, one can get a very nice 5.1 or .2 setup for under 2k.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah they sure are big speakers for bookshelf's. Add in a nice 12" Sub, one came get a very nice 5.1 or .2 setup for under 2k.
I agree Mike. Not to mention the possibility of price increases due to the trade war w/China. Might not be a bad time to make a move just in case everything goes up. I have just about got myself out of debt and do not plan to add more. Otherwise, I would no doubt opt for a set of the 703's. Not exactly sure how the 703's would work in the near-field though. Certainly something I would love to try.

Cheers,

Phil

Landmonster

Landmonster

Audioholic
For you 703 guys.... Does anyone have a good recommended stand for them specifically?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
For you 703 guys.... Does anyone have a good recommended stand for them specifically?
Personally, if I were to ever opt for the 703's I would get some very good stands. The 703's are heavy and need to be secured. Honestly, I have went cheap on stands in the past and have regretted it. Here is a set of 22" Sanus stands that can hold up to 35-lbs.:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_051SF22B/Sanus-SF22-Speaker-Stands-Black.html?search=speaker+stands

These stands have a top plate of 8" X 8.5" which is pretty good. The 703's weigh in right at 30 lbs. each. Ty Lashbrook can build some Model I stands for $400 a set shipped! Here is a link:

http://tyleracoustics.com/stands.html

The Model I stands are larger and more sturdy. BTW, you do have to scroll the page down a bit to get a look at the Model I stands that I linked above. Monoprice may have something as well. I will check and see and get back to you on that. Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@Landmonster Monoprice does have a stand that might interest you. Bit more affordable too. Here is a link:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24794

You might also check PartsXpress.com to see if they have something. Best wishes on your selection.

Cheers,

Phil

PS The weight capacity on the Monoprice stands are 75-lbs.! They should be very sturdy. Just saying............

Last edited:
hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I've had 703's for 2 years now and am very happy with them. I use a Rythmik F12 sub, a 706 center, another pair of 703's for side surrounds and until I can find another pair of 703's for the rear surrounds, a pair of SVS bookshelf speakers. My 2 year old Yamaha TRS-7810 can't really handle running all that without cooking itself to death, or just running out of power, even in an apartment, so the front's run on an old Onkyo M508 Amp that's been recapped and sounds very nice. InfinityAC T8's are on both the 7810 and the M508 to keep them nice and cool. The 7810 is being replaced with a Denon X4500H this weekend.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis