Bi-Wiring Terminal, Real or Fake?

Surge

Surge

Audiophyte
I got a little bored so decided to take apart my friends Bi-wired Terminal as he was thinking of getting it bi-wired and in the future bi-amped. When I took of the terminal and had a look at the back, (It was still bridged) you can see that only One of the connections is actually connected. SO hypothetically if the bridge was taken off the top 2 connections wouldn't work. They were quite budget speakers, so I wasn't to suprised, yet is their anyway to get a circuit board which actually goes 2 both terminals? If so what would you recommend?
Have a look down to see what i mean (they were taken with my phone so it's a little confusing)

1st picture(upside down):
31-01-06_1544.jpg

31-01-06_1556.jpg

Any ideas or comments greatly appreciated!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What speakers? If it wasn't wired for it, then I'd have to say there isn't going to be any benefit. The crossover is not designed to handle it for one. Biwiring is pretty much useless and biamping probably won't be worth it for a speaker of this quality either. Most likely, the speaker uses parts from another speaker in their lineup, but isn't wired the same so the second set of terminals is just there and simply not used. You are all set for active biamping, but that means adding an electronic x-over before the amplification stage, because you would be disconnecting the internal x-over anyway and just wiring the drivers to the terminals. For all that work and the cost of the x-overs and amps though, you might as well just put that money towards better speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis