bi-amping a str-dn1050.

P

pmiddy3

Audiophyte
Hi everyone, i'm new here, i have zero experience with audio receivers and speakers and was hoping i could get a little help, here is my setup.. i have the sony str-dn1050, monoprices' premium 5.1 speaker system, 2 kilpsch synergy f-30's and a panasonic tc-p65st60.... when i was reading comments on newegg about the kilpsch f-30's a few people recommended to bi-amp them to get the most out of them. on the back of the speakers there seems to be 2 sets of wire inputs with a gold bridge running between either of them that can be removed, i understand that when you biamp you separate the frequencies coming from the receiver into hi and low separately. but on the back of the str dn1050 i only have 7 total inputs, how would i account for the extra inputs for the f-30's, can i not run a 7.1 system if i want to bi-amp my two front L/R speakers? i appreciate any help, thanks guys.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
In a nutshell don't bother with it. It's passive bi amping and would bring no benefit. If you feel your lacking power, bi amping off an avr isn't going to help. Klipsch speakers are pretty efficient so your probably good.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
It is the crossover in the speakers, that will separate the frequencies in the speaker.
Bi-amping with the Sony receiver, will not change that.

E

eminco

Audiophyte
Passive or active? The bi wiring diagram for the 1050/850 amp has specific terminals for hi and low. Does this indicate that this is actually doing active bi-amping?
upload_2014-12-17_11-23-25.png

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Passive or active? The bi wiring diagram for the 1050/850 amp has specific terminals for hi and low. Does this indicate that this is actually doing active bi-amping?
View attachment 14439
Active biamping means you remove the passive x-over and use an active one prior to the amplification stage, so no.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis