Chongdigga

Chongdigga

Audioholic Intern
Yamaha RX-V665
Inuke6000
CV-XLS-215

I read that you need to remove the speakers crossover to get full advantage of bi-amping but I need the crossovers for what I'm trying to do. Which is run the mids and highs off of the main L/R channels and using the main channel pre-outs to a power amp to power the 15s. I will need to set the receiver speaker size setting to large to get the low Hz freq to the 15s.

So can I do this (or should I) Sending a full range signal to both highs and lows will be fine right? That's what the crossovers are for.
I'm still getting a benefit right? because I'm only powering the highs with the receiver and the woofers with an external amp and the highs signal doesn't have to go thru the inuke either.

60%music and 40% 9.5 HT usage

Lemme know if I'm nuts lol. I'm still a noob so....

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
No need to bi-amp or screw around with crossovers in your speakers. Your receiver has pre-outs for all channels (plus subwoofer pre-out), so just send the full signal to the main L-R pre-outs and let the iNuke power those XL-215's.

Chongdigga

Chongdigga

Audioholic Intern
What are the 5 subs doing?
Producing BASS! Lol two 12" and three 10" subs all facing outward across the TV wall about 3 feet between each one and im not done with subwoofers yet either. Down the road a lil I'm getting a CV powered 21" sub and placing it in the back of the room.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think the passive bi-amping is going to gain anything over and above what the amp can do with those speakers. Maybe work on getting the larger sub(s) sooner than later. Still also depends how low/loud you want to go overall. In any case the XLS215 for low bass isn't going to do as well as a good sub, seeing how quickly it drops off under 38hz (-3dB point, but the -10dB point is 36hz).

Chongdigga

Chongdigga

Audioholic Intern
I don't think the passive bi-amping is going to gain anything over and above what the amp can do with those speakers. Maybe work on getting the larger sub(s) sooner than later. Still also depends how low/loud you want to go overall. In any case the XLS215 for low bass isn't going to do as well as a good sub, seeing how quickly it drops off under 38hz (-3dB point, but the -10dB point is 36hz).
Yeah I'm prob just gonna let the inuke do the job.

I noticed the frequency response was a lil high but I'm getting them for the loud factor (and wow factor, I have to admit) and my sub's will take care of the rest. My subwoofers are tuned to the low 30s I know is still a lil high for HT use but they do OK. When Superman crashed thru that building in Super vs Batman my neighbors two houses down prob felt it. I don't have any audiophile friends per say but I've wowed everyone of them with my setup and I can't wait for my xls' which will be here 2morrow :)
Oh and I totally hit the dumb smiley when I was trying to hit reply on your post..my bad

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis