Bi-Amp Issue Onkyo TX-NR818

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks mate . I love this AVR's sound quality , thats why I want to hold on to it . Thanks a lot for your input . I really appreciate your time . Cheers mate . Emmany
IME avrs don't have particular sound quality, and use several different ones currently. Much more about particular dsp options than inherent "sound quality". If you want to do a nice diy speaker project that's where your digital actual bi-amping capabilities would be an advantage....maybe (depends on design/execution, hard to beat the pros)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks mate :) . I have connected to AVR normally to the L/R channel and it doesnt have any distortion . But there was some magic in the bass and midrange when I had it connected in Bi-amp mode .
Nonsense, just your active imagination. Forget that passive bi-amping nonsense, and nonsense is what it is.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nonsense, just your active imagination. Forget that passive bi-amping nonsense, and nonsense is what it is.
Keep in mind this and a few models of Onkyo at the time had actual active crossover options....but without appropriate speakers, meh

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis