better auto eq- yamaha 2400 or denon 3805?

U

Unregistered

i use receiver for 70/30 movies/2 channel music. which receiver's auto eq is better? which ones more comprehensive, or are they the same? i dont care about dsp modes at all, i just want the best receiver of the 2 in terms of home theater. the auto eq is nice, but i want to try to choose the one that gives the best chance at accuracy.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Gene, Clint, Bug, bug, bug, bug, bug. Is that enough do you cry uncle? Or do I have to get tough :) I want my eq tests :D

U

Unregistered

anyone out there tested the auto eq's on these receivers? i have these 2 units about even all around, so ill probably give the nod to the one that has a better auto eq system. so far, heres my rating- display- denon. sound- no decision. specs- denon. looks- even. reliability- yamaha. cost- yamaha. auto eq- no decsion. ease of use- yamaha. remote- yamaha. in my estimation, the denon needs to win both sound and auto eq category to win. i want to give denon the edge in sound, but the yamaha is doing well here. denon is more powerful and has a little more bass, but yamaha seems to do a better job in the mids. sumtimes the denons bass is too heavy and has a small drowning effect. yamaha mite be more exciting sounding. denon is a littler quieter and cleaner. im using paradigm monitor 7 v 3. use is 70/30 in favor of home theater. dsp's are worthless on both models.

I'll be posting some EQ results soon that will pretty much confirm what I wrote about in my review regarding the Denon AutoEQ.

U

Unregistered

so it sounds like denons auto eq is not as good then. regardless of how the two receivers auto eq's perform tho, isnt it possible to simply go back into the manual eq and input the settings that the auto eq created, then adjust things like speaker size and crossover point properly? or is there some limiting factor in one or both receivers in terms of being able to do this? i wish some different people would post their experiences here regarding the auto eq's on their respective receiver

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis