Betelgeuse supernova?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I had seen that info earlier... largely in response to the mysterious dimming that had been occurring. It wasn't a Supernova, as I understand it, rather a surface eruption... a very large eruption to be certain...
I suspect if our Sun ever did that, it might be the end for us, here, type-of-event.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had seen that info earlier... largely in response to the mysterious dimming that had been occurring. It wasn't a Supernova, as I understand it, rather a surface eruption... a very large eruption to be certain...
I suspect if our Sun ever did that, it might be the end for us, here, type-of-event.
Yeah there's an expectation that a supernova for betelgeuse could happen "soon", per NASA but seems too far away to do damage here....apparently our sun has a long life expectancy still, tho.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah there's an expectation that a supernova for betelgeuse could happen "soon", per NASA but seems too far away to do damage here....apparently our sun has a long life expectancy still, tho.
Technically, the supernova happened a very long time ago. :p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm looking into my crystal ball, but I do admit it seems a little cloudy today.
It would apparently be visible apparently even in daytime if the light of such has reached us....would be cool in a way.....but at estimates of 400-700 light years distant, hard to know if it's already happened or not....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis