Best Wireless Home theatre questions

T

toddicon

Audiophyte
Hello Audioholics folks. I'm wondering if someone can help me pick out a good wireless surround system that's also great at streaming music. Budget is 2-4k usd. I've looked at the B+O duo but the center channel soundbar doesn't seem to be that well reviewed... and as well that system is a bit above my budget. The Sonos system seems well like by the general public but I feel like there's something better out there that I'm not familiar with. I specifically want a wireless system to avoid as many cables and stuff as possible. Klipsch? Enclave? Or B&W?

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
You won't necessarily find a lot due to potential lag issues and sound quality so most companies don't want to risk it only for their name to be dragged through the mud. Some companies like Kef and SVS have wireless mains but the only reputable company doing full wireless is most likely Sonos as that's their main focus. If it was me, I would give Sonos a try because if anyone has their wireless game together it would be them. Now if Sonos sucks I doubt anyone else can do it better.

T

toddicon

Audiophyte
Any opinion on the B+O duo and their wireless system?

sweetness34

sweetness34

Enthusiast
I'd look at getting a Yamaha receiver that's MusicCast Surround capable. You can use the MusicCast 20s as wireless surround speakers and any speakers you want for LCR/Sub. Going 100% wireless you're going to be very limited to soundbar plus rears (not true 5.1 and most lack in sound quality) or you have to find WISA compatible devices which are very limited.

Long Audio Beard

Long Audio Beard

Enthusiast
I think you will be the happiest with: KEF LS50 Wireless II Pair

If they are in stock, they are amazing. They excel in sound quality and at streaming. Really excellent, seriously.
I agree B&O stuff always looks cool, but these look amazing too and sound even better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis