Best way to share BassBox Pro data for comments/advice

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have been using the BassBox6 Pro for several years.

Do you have a specific question?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have been using the BassBox6 Pro for several years.

Do you have a specific question?
What's the best way to share a model or other info (like driver data) in order to get advice/commentary/assistance/guidance from lovely folk like you? :D

(seriously, I should really be better informed: this is my biggest blind spot as I just usually don't have a reason to share files with others.)

Thanks!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
What's the best way to share a model or other info (like driver data) in order to get advice/commentary/assistance/guidance from lovely folk like you? :D

(seriously, I should really be better informed: this is my biggest blind spot as I just usually don't have a reason to share files with others.)

Thanks!
I make pdf. files of the data and upload it here or provide a link to my website. What is it you want specifically? The data has to be converted to pdf. or other format, as you can not read Bass Box pro or X-over pro files, unless you purchase the software.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I make pdf. files of the data and upload it here or provide a link to my website. What is it you want specifically? The data has to be converted to pdf. or other format, as you can not read Bass Box pro or X-over pro files, unless you purchase the software.
Mainly I want to show my work for critique and guidance. I was hoping for Bass Box Pro users (you and Verdi, for example... and anyone else that is interested in the conversation) to be able to access what I'm working with and what I've done before going into my next phase of building test boxes.

The short version for now, is that I've a Sealed and a Ported model, based on Nick's (Stereo Integrity) recommendations for the SQL-15 Drivers. These Drivers also seem like they could be good candidates for TQWTs, which brings me dangerously near that other conversation about using Augspurger's program...
I recognize that I need to baby step my way there, and I shouldn't try building a TL Sub without first making certain I can do the above. ;) That said, I haven't forgotten about my questions re: the TL program, just getting ahead of myself. :)

Back to the point... is a pdf the best, or is getting the actual Bass Box files to you or @Verdinut better for being able to look at and tinker with? We can always take it to PM and direct email if preferred.

Many thanks to you both!

Best,
R

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Mainly I want to show my work for critique and guidance. I was hoping for Bass Box Pro users (you and Verdi, for example... and anyone else that is interested in the conversation) to be able to access what I'm working with and what I've done before going into my next phase of building test boxes.

The short version for now, is that I've a Sealed and a Ported model, based on Nick's (Stereo Integrity) recommendations for the SQL-15 Drivers. These Drivers also seem like they could be good candidates for TQWTs, which brings me dangerously near that other conversation about using Augspurger's program...
I recognize that I need to baby step my way there, and I shouldn't try building a TL Sub without first making certain I can do the above. ;) That said, I haven't forgotten about my questions re: the TL program, just getting ahead of myself. :)

Back to the point... is a pdf the best, or is getting the actual Bass Box files to you or @Verdinut better for being able to look at and tinker with? We can always take it to PM and direct email if preferred.

Many thanks to you both!

Best,
R
I still am not sure I understand what you are asking for. I can model that driver in a sealed, vented or TL enclosure. That is not a problem. I don't see the need for a test box, as you know the T/S parameters. Do you not trust them or something? You already have free access to the TL program from my website. I agree it looks promising for a TL sub. If it models well, then just go ahead and build it. I am more than happy to check your work, or model it for you. Forgive me, but I do have the impression you are making a bigger meal out of all this, than is necessary, and inducing a case of indigestion. Designing a good sub is not that difficult.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you get the full BassBox Pro version or the Lite?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I still am not sure I understand what you are asking for. I can model that driver in a sealed, vented or TL enclosure. That is not a problem. I don't see the need for a test box, as you know the T/S parameters. Do you not trust them or something? You already have free access to the TL program from my website. I agree it looks promising for a TL sub. If it models well, then just go ahead and build it. I am more than happy to check your work, or model it for you. Forgive me, but I do have the impression you are making a bigger meal out of all this, than is necessary, and inducing a case of indigestion. Designing a good sub is not that difficult.
You may be right. I am definitely eager to put rubber on the road.
I’ll go the pdf route.

I’m building a tester, one of each, to measure and try out in my room. This affords me the ability to also practice construction and finishing.

Mark, I’ve been trying to get to this point for almost two years. Between work, income, COVID… life just kept getting in the way! I just want to get it right, and yes… I am a bit excited to be on the cusp of doing it. After all, I’ve spent the last two years reading and learning everything I can, buying the tools, and basically doing everything but build.
Please forgive my exuberance. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis