Best way to position surrounds?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
My living room is far from ideal for a theater system but I want to make the best of it. As you can see in THIS picture the seating is up against the wall. There really is no way around this. Right now I have the speakers hanging on the wall pointing straight forward. Should I have them on a mount and toed in? Something else? Advice would be appreciated.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi Ho said:
My living room is far from ideal for a theater system but I want to make the best of it. As you can see in THIS picture the seating is up against the wall. There really is no way around this. Right now I have the speakers hanging on the wall pointing straight forward. Should I have them on a mount and toed in? Something else? Advice would be appreciated.

I didn't see speaker on the side wall, either in front of the pictures or you don't have them.
From what I see, you have no real choices. As is, your speaker is not that high above the sofa. I'd leave it there.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Side wall? The speakers are hanging flat against the back wall. That isn't the greatest picture... I also have no idea why there are no wires in that picture. :confused: It must be quite old.

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
I only saw 1 speaker in the far left corner, but I do think that leather chair sure looks comfortable :D

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
There is another speaker behind the leather chair. The chair is comfortable. :D

T

Tritonman

Junior Audioholic
Hi Ho said:
Your rears are "supposed" to be mounted approx 2-3 feet behind and approx 3 feet above your head. In your sitation that is obviously not feasible. I would do one of 2 things. Make them face each other on the side walls and not firing forward. OR..you could always mount them on the ceiling as they are small and have them firing downwards. Unfortunately those are your best options at this point.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis