Best way to attach my tiles and diffusers to wall?

L

loganschleich17

Audioholic Intern
Hey all,
I am treating my room this weekend and I need to know the best way to attach my bass traps, diffusers, and tiles. I would prefer a way that doesn’t ruin the wall. Thanks, Logan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Depending on your definition of ruining a wall, the best way I know is screw through into studs, or use wall anchors depending on how heavy.

See here in this DIY video what they do: 7:29 using metal carpet transitions.

If its a rental... be smart and buy some Spackle. Most landlords I've had are cool if you Spackle the holes. I've only been asked to repaint once, which had nothing to do with Spackle.

For bass traps... if you're just using the the foam corner peices... good double sided tape or tacking nails should work. You could try poster putty or whatever they call that stuff... or even some of that 3M Control Center adhesives for posters and lighter weight stuff.

Just some ideas.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I need to know the best way to attach my bass traps, diffusers, and tiles. I would prefer a way that doesn’t ruin the wall.
To keep from damaging walls that I hang stuff on, I like to use F^%&ing Magic, you know: FM.

L

loganschleich17

Audioholic Intern
To keep from damaging walls that I hang stuff on, I like to use F^%&ing Magic, you know: FM.
Magic didn’t work but double side gorilla tape did

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Velcro is also good depending on the weight of the item to fix.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis