Best value/$, with truly SOTA specs real 2 ch separates for $3,500, integrated amp killer? Any other suggestions?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I assume people buy integrated amps for versatility and their compact size. I don't have such need but even if I do, there is now an option that offers very compact size and light weight, and unbeatable specs (verified by bench measurements).

@RichB can now quit using his UDP-205 as pre-amp:D, and @ematthews can sell one of his integrated and upgrade to real separates, so that he could finally stop thinking about if there is something out there that can "sound" better. That would, or at least should mean he could also finally relax and just focus on enjoying two channel music.

The thing is, at such low distortions of any kind, output impedance, ruler flat FR, excellent linearity and any other audio sound quality related specs one can think of, even the "only go by ears.." group would (they just might, or not) have to admit, this separates package is as transparent as anything else at any price.

I think for $5,000 the package could be completed with the addition of phono box, anyone know a top performance (of course I mean by specs and measurements, for $800 or less?

Here they are, note that the headphone amp is also a pre-amp with high voltage (9 Vp-p/18 Vp-p RCA/XLR, iirc) output capability, all fully balanced stuff.

Now, for a total of US$4,200 (list price), I would like to know if there is another option that offers better specs, let alone verified?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice collection of kit with excellent measurements.

I still find that that pre, along with most other stereo preamps, lacks very practical functions (bass management; eq, for set-and-forget system calibration, tweak on the fly tone controls to tame bad recordings, or loudness compensation for listening at different volumes). I would sacrifice SOTA specs for something that would provide such utility.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Nice collection of kit with excellent measurements.
agreed, reminds me of a lot of the Schiit gear that's out there

I still find that that pre, along with most other stereo preamps, lacks very practical functions (bass management; eq, for set-and-forget system calibration, tweak on the fly tone controls to tame bad recordings, or loudness compensation for listening at different volumes). I would sacrifice SOTA specs for something that would provide such utility.
it's the 'purest' approach, not wanting but the bare minimum in the signal path

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis