Best upscaling 4k bdp?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
At some point in the near future, I would like to replace my Samsung BD j6300 with a 4k bdp. I really like the upscaling the Samsung I currently have does, in fact it's nearly as sharp as native 4k content and looks a whole lot better than the upscaling done by my Vizio TV, since so much content is still 1080p, upscaling is fairly important to me.

Which 4k Bdp does the best job upscaling? Trying to keep the cost ~$150 or below, so something like an oppo is out of my budget.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
At some point in the near future, I would like to replace my Samsung BD j6300 with a 4k bdp. I really like the upscaling the Samsung I currently have does, in fact it's nearly as sharp as native 4k content and looks a whole lot better than the upscaling done by my Vizio TV, since so much content is still 1080p, upscaling is fairly important to me.

Which 4k Bdp does the best job upscaling? Trying to keep the cost ~$150 or below, so something like an oppo is out of my budget.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
I'm not attempting to be a jerk, I'm already a pretty good one; but, seriously, how is it possible for anyone to declare what's best without actually reviewing everything that's out there. Perhaps it would be better to just take the recommendation from Consumer Reports or other trustworthy reviews from parties which do not accept advertising.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just curious how your Samsung is for transport noise.
I tried one - on paper it was a great value, but the amount of sound it would make spinning up the disc really was a distraction.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
at $150, every model is going to be about the same. There will not be a clear "this one is easily better than the rest" one, so look for any other features you want and go with that. I'm partial to Panasonic and Sony players in that price range.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis