Best streaming device?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It's definitely good to see some improvement, after so many years of slow internet.
Plus its interesting how a slight reboot of the cable modem and router magically brings back your full subscription speed. ;)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I would say that the general consensus is that the nVidia Shield is the best. The pro model from them is the way to go. And it costs a pretty penny to get that excellence from them. I've never used it, but I hear time and time again about the quality and feature set it offers. I believe it.

I'm using AppleTV and Roku Ultra in my home, and our general lean is to prefer the Roku over the Apple, but more for a comfort of what we have been using more over any real quality differences. The newer AppleTV is snappy and works well.

I've used the FireTV Cube and Stick products, and both I think are a clear step down in quality from Roku and AppleTV. At this point, I would not buy a FireTV product.

For the money, I think Roku is king. Especially the Ultra. It gives a very snappy interface that works well and is consistently reliable for the money. AppleTV may offer a bit more overall quality, but it's a 50% premium to get it, without a huge jump over the Roku Ultra.

I expect in 2023 I may end up with a Shield TV Pro in my mix, just to try out. But, I have been very happy with what my (now 2) Rokus have delivered for my viewing over the years.
The wife loves the Roku Ultra, mainly due to the headphone connection. When I go to bed, she plugs the headphones into the Ultra remote and turns it up. I never hear it.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The wife loves the Roku Ultra, mainly due to the headphone connection. When I go to bed, she plugs the headphones into the Ultra remote and turns it up. I never hear it.
My cat shredded my old Rokus headphones, wires and my iPhone headphones, I keep forgetting roku has that feature. My iPhone doesn’t have a headphone jack anymore ::: so lame .

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
My cat shredded my old Rokus headphones, wires and my iPhone headphones, I keep forgetting roku has that feature. My iPhone doesn’t have a headphone jack anymore ::: so lame .
which iphone do you have

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
which iPhone do you have
iPhone6 I think , crazy there a 14 and version gave me such an obsolete model. My parents Rushed to change plan’s instead of waiting on a good deal totally got conned.
now I got streaming issues on spectrum app, my 2015 tv looks horrific . Poor service from a giant cable company, … :( So I’m stuck to using my smallest tv , half the screen area of the2015 but this thread is about the best streamers I made a separate thread for that.
That smart tv os is bad can’t get hardly anything on it no spectrum app just to try it.
All my smart Blu-ray players didn’t stream Netflix well either , why I got roku .
my best one is roku ultra last years model.
The buttons are nice for quickly loading apps.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
iPhone6 I think , crazy there a 14 and version gave me such an obsolete model. My parents Rushed to change plan’s instead of waiting on a good deal totally got conned.
now I got streaming issues on spectrum app, my 2015 tv looks horrific . Poor service from a giant cable company, … :( So I’m stuck to using my smallest tv , half the screen area of the2015 but this thread is about the best streamers I made a separate thread for that.
That smart tv os is bad can’t get hardly anything on it no spectrum app just to try it.
All my smart Blu-ray players didn’t stream Netflix well either , why I got roku .
iphone 6, that's like 2014.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Oh it’s this model
Any idea why the tv is so terrible for cable?View attachment 59595
Don't think its your phone if that's what your using to stream with. So much interference in a home with a cell phone. My wife has the same phone, its like a iphone 7 ( old tech) streams decent if she wants to use her phone for that.. First, why are you using your phone to stream since its going to depend on your cell carrier, the reception. Why not a cable modem and a router all hard wired to your TV..

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
iPhone 6 has a jack, the 8 and newer, including the SE don't. Still have my old iPhone 6, just for the times when I need an output jack for sending pink noise/sine wave out, if I'm cutting the grass/removing snow and want to listen to music rather than use ear plugs.

highfigh

highfigh

Don't think its your phone if that's what your using to stream with. So much interference in a home with a cell phone. My wife has the same phone, its like a iphone 7 ( old tech) streams decent if she wants to use her phone for that.. First, why are you using your phone to stream since its going to depend on your cell carrier, the reception. Why not a cable modem and a router all hard wired to your TV..
SE has the processor from the iPhone 8 and is the same size as the 6, but some case from a 6 can't be used because they press on the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously, which triggers the instant alert function.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
SE has the processor from the iPhone 8 and is the same size as the 6, but some case from a 6 can't be used because they press on the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously, which triggers the instant alert function.
Mar 22, 2021 — The SE has Apple's A13 Bionic chip, while the iPhone 8 is powered by the A11 Bionic chip. " Macworld
The iphone 7 has the A10. My wife could careless as long as the phone worked when she needed it. ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Mar 22, 2021 — The SE has Apple's A13 Bionic chip, while the iPhone 8 is powered by the A11 Bionic chip. " Macworld
The iphone 7 has the A10. My wife could careless as long as the phone worked when she needed it. ;)
Lied to, again......:(

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
We just went from the 7 to the 14 Pro. I will say that the actual real world usage difference is minimal on most apps.

The camera is worlds better. Things like YouTube are functionally the same and look darn near identical.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
the best thing i ever bought was the amazon fire stick. when you allow it to download outside apps the sky is the limit.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have used Roku Ultra, Amazon Firestick, Firecubes etc. My go to device is the Apple TV 4k. It has a very quick interface, voice recognition that far exceeds the competition, and significantly more powerful CPU and memory.

That being said, I haven't tried the Nvidia Shield, so I will leave that to those who have already commented.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I have used Roku Ultra, Amazon Firestick, Firecubes etc. My go to device is the Apple TV 4k. It has a very quick interface, voice recognition that far exceeds the competition, and significantly more powerful CPU and memory.

That being said, I haven't tried the Nvidia Shield, so I will leave that to those who have already commented.
The SHIELD TV Pro looks interesting and even has a headphone jack which the wife will like.

S

Slipkids88

Junior Audioholic
The purpose of the thread is to compare the best streamers , I’m using a Roku ultra .
however some consider it basic .
Roku , fire stick, google etc, tons of options it can be overwhelming.

whats you’re favorite device ?
What is the fastest, best graphics?
Best/value .
best features?
Problems to look out for in these , issues.
Every year almost something new is out !
Nividia Shield Pro, is probably the best on the market.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis