Best recorded cymbal smash ever

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Whats your most favourite recorded cymbal smash in terms of realism and quality.

I'd have to give the nod to the "Payola's "Eyes of Stranger" last cymbal smash of the song .

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
It might not have the best fidelity, or be the loudest, but the light crash hit right before Miles' solo on So What is arguably one of the most important cymbal crashes in Jazz.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
gah?

Its like saying,

Whats the single greatest guitar chord ever! RAwR!

I don't have one, and im a guitar guy :p

SheepStar

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sheep said:
gah?

Its like saying,

Whats the single greatest guitar chord ever! RAwR!

I don't have one, and im a guitar guy :p

SheepStar
I've should said recorded ... I wasn't referring to the drummer's skills but more to the recording engineer who brought it to life.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
3db said:
I've should said recorded ... I wasn't referring to the drummer's skills but more to the recording engineer who brought it to life.
I know im just pushing buttons, did it work? :) :rolleyes:

SheepStar

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
3db said:
So far as realistic sound on cymbals[and drums], refer to Michael Carvin's album, Drum Concerto At Dawn[ www.mapleshaderecords.com ]. It is a drum solo record, and it is unique in that it is a purist recording made in a real acoustic environment with mid-field placed microphones. No dynamic compression or other effects. But your system will need some significant dynamic ability if you want to achieve realistic playback levels. The recording does have some excessive noise/hiss. But other than that, it's the best drum/cymbal recording[ fidelity-wise ] that I have experienced.

-Chris

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sheep said:
I know im just pushing buttons, did it work? :) :rolleyes:

SheepStar
Ohh noo ,,no the lil red button that said "do not push" :eek:

T

tbewick

Senior Audioholic
The intro to 'Shadow Play' by Joy Division is quite good.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
To be honest (and in keeping with Sheep's button pushing) I don't think I've ever actually noticed any cymbal crashes before. I'm a guitar guy too. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis