Best receiver for >1500usd

I

IAmCanadian

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hi everyone, I am looking for best receiver I can buy for less than 1500usd, with 1500 being the absolute maximum (because that means around 2000+ cnd dollars up here). I have the following speaker set-up: PSB Stratus Bronze fronts, PSB C6I center, PSB Century 300i's for the rear, and an older Cerwin Vega SUB-150 for the sub. I am looking at about 80%HT and 20%Music, and have a small room now, but will be moving the system into a bigger room (I hope) when I find a house. Once in a house, the HT/Music ratio will increase slightly in favour of music because of the extra privacy (I live in an apartment building right now). I don't like gimicks on receivers but I do like some features like established surround modes like Pro-Logic II, DTS, DDigital, etc. Most importantly, I am interested in sound, I dont want to be underpowered and I want to bring out the clarity that the PSB's are capable of. If any of you know of a quality receiver that fits the bill, post it in here please. &nbsp;Please don't bash other people suggestions in your post, just why the receiver you mention is good for my situation. &nbsp;I could use all the help I can get because I am torn between a few receivers after hearing them. &nbsp;Thanks for all the help, and I'll let you all know what I ultimately end up purchasing.</font>

R

RX-V2400

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>No contest (even if you meant &gt;1500?) RX-V2400 $999 or about $700 on the street</font>

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>harman kardon avr 7200 available from harmonaudio for $1275 don't let the 7x100watts fool you. hk is one of the only companys to rate the amps honestly. thats why its 60lbs when others with bigger numbers are only 35lbs. This unit is being replaced by the 7300.
Its baby brother the 330 was reviewed in the latest s&amp;v and this 7x55watt recvr put out 5x65watts and 7x52watts. in the test thats that a 35lb 7x120watt recvr put out 7x35</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>For used check out Yamaha's RX-Z1 which is their flagship receiver.</font>

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I just purchased a floor model Denon 4802 at Tweeters for $1049.00,including the box,remote and all manuals. oh yeah it also has the full warranty and they threw in a 4 year extended warranty. so i would recomend you hit all the shops and ask about close outs and floor models.</font>

A

Audioholic

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>go for the RXV-2400, its great and heavy or AZ2 even better which is in your price range too..</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis