Best projector between 1k-2k?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Elite is fine. If you are in a dark room and can use a fixed frame screen, then the Elite white screens or the Silver Ticket screens (Amazon) do a really good job for the money.

Sony & JVC are close. I would get the 285 in a second if it was in budget. It's a heck of a deal, especially if you can see it before you buy it. I wouldn't be willing to lay down money on the Sony or JVC being 'better'. They are both excellent.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Elite is fine. If you are in a dark room and can use a fixed frame screen, then the Elite white screens or the Silver Ticket screens (Amazon) do a really good job for the money.

Sony & JVC are close. I would get the 285 in a second if it was in budget. It's a heck of a deal, especially if you can see it before you buy it. I wouldn't be willing to lay down money on the Sony or JVC being 'better'. They are both excellent.
Judging by all our posts I figured you for a jvc guy lol

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief

The jvc n Sony are almost double the price of epson, is there that big of a performance gap between them to justify the price of jvc n Sony? What exactly would the epson be lacking?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The actual lens quality, the overall hardware, and the use of LCoS technology vs. LCD. Both the JVC and Sony are native 4K projectors (newest JVC) as opposed to a pixel shifting or e-shift version. The previous JVC models can be had under $3,000 and are priced near the Epson 5040 model. They deliver a quality of contrast which the Epson simply can't touch and once again have a build quality which is just a fair bit better than Epson. Not that Epson does a bad job, but JVC has a long track record of very high quality and reliability. Power supplies, lens, parts and pieces. The JVC projectors weigh in about 25% heavier than Epson projectors despite similar size.

My mentality, since I have a reasonable 1080p projector right now, is that I couldn't justify spending $2,300 or so on a top of the line Epson 5040, when the JVC RS440 exists and can be found (with patience) used for $2,500 or so. In a few years we will see all the native 4K models, like the Sony 285, coming in well under $3,000. But, in a good room, Sony and JVC rule the roost.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
The actual lens quality, the overall hardware, and the use of LCoS technology vs. LCD. Both the JVC and Sony are native 4K projectors (newest JVC) as opposed to a pixel shifting or e-shift version. The previous JVC models can be had under $3,000 and are priced near the Epson 5040 model. They deliver a quality of contrast which the Epson simply can't touch and once again have a build quality which is just a fair bit better than Epson. Not that Epson does a bad job, but JVC has a long track record of very high quality and reliability. Power supplies, lens, parts and pieces. The JVC projectors weigh in about 25% heavier than Epson projectors despite similar size.

My mentality, since I have a reasonable 1080p projector right now, is that I couldn't justify spending $2,300 or so on a top of the line Epson 5040, when the JVC RS440 exists and can be found (with patience) used for $2,500 or so. In a few years we will see all the native 4K models, like the Sony 285, coming in well under $3,000. But, in a good room, Sony and JVC rule the roost.
Ok thx dude

S

snyderkv

Enthusiast
I had some basic BenQ DLP 720p projector for $400 bucks I think it was. It was so good lol I couldn't tell the difference between it and 1080p to be honest although I didn't compare them side by side. Maybe DLP has an advantage of LCD projectors in looks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis