Best place to buy car battery?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I was watching NHRA one time and someone (former driver) who was speaking after a crash said "If you go straight, it's fun and if you don't, it's exciting".

The engine in the photo- it's one of two, in a boat.
A boat or your boat?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Tesla Model X P100D. Does it all. Of course, it costs $140K, and you need to recharge it every 225 miles or so.
I had an interest. I could deal with the cost but not the recharge.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I had an interest. I could deal with the cost but not the recharge.
The recharge issue was a hard spot for me too, though the cost was a bigger factor. Tesla is aiming the X-P100D at the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and I'm not yet willing to spend that kind of money on something you put a few feet from moronic, irrational drivers (in the Bay Area).

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The recharge issue was a hard spot for me too, though the cost was a bigger factor. Tesla is aiming the X-P100D at the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and I'm not yet willing to spend that kind of money on something you put a few feet from moronic, irrational drivers (in the Bay Area).
I get it but it's only $17,000 more than my AMG was but I don't have to plug it in.

That's the issue with expensive cars, you get in the mindset of "what's another $20,000..."

I looked hard at the Cayenne(GTS) but it's do for a make-over which will likely be next year so I opted out.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not yet willing to spend that kind of money on something you put a few feet from moronic, irrational drivers (in the Bay Area).
I'm that driver (in the Northeast). :D

I've never done it but I can't even begin to count the times I've thought, "I'll run right into ya and not even flinch" because my cars aren't worth much. However the girl has always had new or at worst, new-ish vehicles so when I drive those my mindset is, "if you hit me, I'll beat you senseless right here on the side of the road". If I had a $100k vehicle, I don't think I could sleep nights worrying about door dings and the like.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I'm that driver (in the Northeast). :D

I've never done it but I can't even begin to count the times I've thought, "I'll run right into ya and not even flinch" because my cars aren't worth much. However the girl has always had new or at worst, new-ish vehicles so when I drive those my mindset is, "if you hit me, I'll beat you senseless right here on the side of the road". If I had a $100k vehicle, I don't think I could sleep nights worrying about door dings and the like.
I didn't have a single dent or scratch on either of my last 2 Audi's I sold. I am a careful but aggressive driver and I park way away from other people but still within one parking spot or someone will go scratch you on purpose for being an arrogant Richard.... Parking lots are where the danger is...

Now on my 370Z, it didn't have a single dent or scratch until I hit 5 trees with it one night....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
A boat or your boat?
I worked for a couple of boat dealerships and one of the other techs who had also worked there posted some photos recently of boats built by another company on Facebook- this was one of them.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I didn't have a single dent or scratch on either of my last 2 Audi's I sold. I am a careful but aggressive driver and I park way away from other people but still within one parking spot or someone will go scratch you on purpose for being an arrogant Richard.... Parking lots are where the danger is...

Now on my 370Z, it didn't have a single dent or scratch until I hit 5 trees with it one night....
Did someone walk up and say "I think that'll buff out"?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Did someone walk up and say "I think that'll buff out"?
The insurance buffed it out...lol...

They did ask how I hit 5 different trees in 5 different locations of the car. I just stated that it was New Year's Eve....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The insurance buffed it out...lol...

They did ask how I hit 5 different trees in 5 different locations of the car. I just stated that it was New Year's Eve....
They came outta nowhere I swear....what do you mean this is a park not a road?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So... you shouldn't have been driving?
I was just moving my car so someone else could get out of the drive I was blocking. My friend has about a 1/2 mile long, curved and narrow driveway way out in the woods with trees all along the entire drive. Have you ever tried to back up a Z in those conditions?

No, I should not have been but I didn't leave private property:D

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I was just moving my car so someone else could get out of the drive I was blocking. My friend has about a 1/2 mile long, curved and narrow driveway way out in the woods with trees all along the entire drive. Have you ever tried to back up a Z in those conditions?

(glad you didn't leave private property! Sorry your Z suffered the damages, though.)

Can't say I have, but I did date a girl in college who's family lived up on a large wooded hill with a long, curvy driveway. Man, that thing was a pain to back out of after I put limo-black tint on my back windows!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

At least you weren't in a park...

That would not be easy sober with no light IMHO. Those cars are not known for rear visibility...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis