Best music videos (all genres).... which ones are they?

J

jzac

Audioholic
This will help me find those videos that I've never seen... so, which artist/band you think has or had the best music video (sound, vision, story) to promote their music?

From the few I saw, here's my list... :)

Madonna - Drowned World Tour 2001
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
Savage Garden - The Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
Beegowl

Beegowl

Junior Audioholic
Clapton's "One More Car One More Rider" music video concert is, IMO, one of the best looking and sounding concert DVDs that I've seen. Diana Krall "Live in Paris" is wonderful, too. Both the sound and the video are crisp and clean. The video shots in these DVDs don't distract from the great music.

I bought a Poncho Sanchez DVD the other day that looked like it was edited by a 12 year old with ADD. It jumped around with quick cuts that made it unwatchable. The sound was acceptable but not great.

jaguars_fan

jaguars_fan

Junior Audioholic
ELO - Zoom Tour
Moody Blues - A Night at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra
Fleetwood Mac - The Dance
Journey - Journey 2001

Ok, don't crucify me...I know Steve Perry is the voice for Journey, but Steve Augeri actually did a pretty good job of replacing him.

The ELO "Out of the Blue" Tour Live at Wembley + Discovery (1978) does contain some pretty good music (but the music videos are what you'd expect for late 70s early 80s) but the concert is pretty rough. You can watch and hear the drugs take effect on Jeff Lynne as the concert plays on. Not a pretty sight...

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Led Zeppelin (latest double dvd)
Primus (Hallucino-Genetics-Live 2004)

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Eagles HFO
James Taylor Live at The Beacon Theater
James Taylor Pull Over
Roy Orbison Black & White Night
Eric Clapton Unpluged

These stand out not only because I like the material (which I do) but because the dynamic range of the music stands head and shoulders above most other music DVDs that I have listened to. HFO in particular is at the top of the heap IMO.

annunaki

annunaki

Any of Tool's videos are, to say the least, visionary? Almost all are done by the band itself.

Primus-Winona's Big Brown Beaver, for pure humor.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Michael Jackson - White 'video' - full version.

For me that was the most memorable. With it's extreme oddity, it was very fitting for the 'J' man. :-D

-Chris

jzac said:
This will help me find those videos that I've never seen... so, which artist/band you think has or had the best music video (sound, vision, story) to promote their music?

From the few I saw, here's my list... :)

Madonna - Drowned World Tour 2001
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Savage Garden - The Collection

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
anything by ZZ Top, known for, uhhhhh spinning guitars.... :D

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Not bad in concert either, known for Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders in skimpy outfits while kicking "legs". :D

20to20K

Full Audioholic
B-52's

Love shack!

That looks like an awesome party!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis