Best hookup to Play movies on tv through IPOD?

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
I am trying to figure out the best way to hookup my ipod and play movies on my tv.

I have a 50" panasonic HD plasma, yamaha 863, panasonic bd player and cable box all hooked up via HDMI.

I just bought a movie through ITUNES today and thought it would be all kinds of easy to watch on my tv and I am striking out!!!!

Frustrated! Help

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
Adam-

I have the universal dock but when I plug my IPOD in it only displays options for audio playback. It does not give me the option to play movies... unless there is something I have set up incorrectly on my reciever and or IPOD I do not know what else to do...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, assuming for now that the dock is hooked up correctly, let's look at the way that you have the video conversion set up. You mentioned that the receiver is connected to the TV using HDMI. Therefore, you'll need to have the receiver set up to convert the analog video from the iPod and output it through the HDMI output.

Page 19 of the receiver's owner's manual shows a diagram of the video conversion flow. Starting on page 98, the manual describes the settings for allowing the analog video input to be output through HDMI. Stepping through them:
1. Turn video conversion to "On".
2. Set the HDMI resolution setting appropriately (on page 99)

Give that a try, if you haven't already, and let us know if it works. Thanks!

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
Nothing!

Still no luck... I have the video conversion to on and HDMI set to "through"... I tried setting HDMI to upconvert to 1080p but that did not do anything...

When I plug the Ipod into the dock the movie does not even display on the menu.

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
Do you have the Yamaha YDS-10 or 11?
From the description of 10:
plays video from older docking iPods (no video playback from iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod touch).

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
I have the YDS-11

I have tried it with my older version click wheel ipod and the newer generation nano ipod and neither work...

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
Yeehaaaaa!!!

I got it...

I did not know that you could manually control the ipod while it was on the docking station... so I was going right to the on screen display which obviously did not display what I was looking for. For whatever reason I think when the on screen display is brought up on the tv it automatically switches over to music on the reciever and does not detect any video... who knows

Thanks for the help guys!

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
So, just how good does the PQ from an ipod look on your setup?!

And Adam, you are amazing looking up things all the time for people. My hat is off to you compadre! Thanks for all your work, you make audioholics a welcome place for new people looking for help! :)

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
I second that

Adam I do appreciate you looking that info up for me...

after my last thread went without a single response... you restored my faith in Audioholics.com

Thanks again

Cheers

M

mtbound10

Audioholic
as for the PQ you will have to wait til another day for that report... got in a fight with the ball and her chain... so I never even got a chance to watch the stupid movie.

I will let you know tomorrow!

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
There should be a sticky thread for all the waf and ball and chain beefs. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis