Best Electronics Gifts for Christmas 2009

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It's time again for Christmas shopping and finding that perfect gift for the special someone in your life who has everything... Well, our list this year includes many items that they are likely to not have... at least not yet. This year we invite you to peruse our list of the top 10 "Best-of" Christmas gift items that will satisfy even the most well-researched A/V enthusiast. Without further ado, here are the top 10 exciting and original Christmas gifts you can give this holiday season.

Discuss "Best Electronics Gifts for Christmas 2009" here. Read the article.

G

G Ex

Audiophyte
I happened to have stumbled onto your article via google and saw the powerbridge device. I have been looking for something like that for my new flat screen that doesn't break the bank and it fits the bill perfectly. I went to their website and saw that cables for less is an authorized dealer and they are selling the plain one with the cable passthrough for $55 so bought two. Thanks for this great find.

I can't post links but if you go to the cables for less website you can find it.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
What? We are suddenly supporting Monster products on this site? That is a complete 180. I'm surprised that you went with the Monstor Internet Bridge product. There are others that compete very well. Just seems odd that this made the list based on Monster's history.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What? We are suddenly supporting Monster products on this site? That is a complete 180. I'm surprised that you went with the Monstor Internet Bridge product. There are others that compete very well. Just seems odd that this made the list based on Monster's history.
I had exactly the same thought, there bunch of others (and CHEAPER) Ethernet over power products - Linksys and Netgear just to name a few

Edit:
Same specs product from D-Link for $129.99
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2668659&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=COF2ady0rtg-e6II.rRD9kdF8tlQOc13bg
And a bit slower at 85mps but for $79.99
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4676215&CatId=211

Last edited:
G

G Ex

Audiophyte
I have one of the netgear powerline HD ones for my 360 that are supposed to be rated to 200mbps like the monster one that I got for $100 at best buy one day. I get nowhere near 200mbps but it's still faster than the wireless adapter. Newegg has em for around $130. Also Belkin came out with a new one that is supposedly very good and costs around $150.

G

G Ex

Audiophyte
I think this might be the belkin one you were talking about...not sure but I would go this route before I would go Monster:
Yeah that's the one. It has gotten some pretty good reviews online. Over $250 just seems a bit steep for a powerline adapter considering that they never do the advertised speed.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Clint!

You seem to have forgotten the history here and all the "fights" going on with Blue Jeans Cable and Monster Mini Golf :confused:

The Monster products should go OUT THE DOOR or better in a campfire to be posted at YouTube :p

Ah, but see I post one Monster product and now there are like 2-3 alternatives all getting pimped... Had I posted a single NetGear product I bet y'all would have kept silent... Yes, I am evil.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Ah, but see I post one Monster product and now there are like 2-3 alternatives all getting pimped... Had I posted a single NetGear product I bet y'all would have kept silent... Yes, I am evil.
No no no no no.... :cool:

Perhaps this is a chance to come up with alternatives to this Monster product :rolleyes:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It almost feels like Clint posted Monster product placement was designed to check if were asleep or not :D

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
Good point. You are probably right.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Haha... pimped.

indulger

indulger

Audioholic
I don't post much, I just read and research a lot. However, I just wanted you to know that I haven't laughed so hard in years. Thanks for the "pimped" pic. My son went through this stage with his civic when he was 17. I wish I had seen a pic like this 3 years ago, I swear I would have done it for him on Christmas. Thanks!!

A

allargon

Audioholic General
I had exactly the same thought, there bunch of others (and CHEAPER) Ethernet over power products - Linksys and Netgear just to name a few

Edit:
Same specs product from D-Link for $129.99
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2668659&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=COF2ady0rtg-e6II.rRD9kdF8tlQOc13bg
And a bit slower at 85mps but for $79.99
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4676215&CatId=211
Too bad this got posted after Black Friday. Anyone with a Fry's nearby knows to go for the AirLink 101 deals. They're usually $17 per adapter. I've found PoE to be waaaaaaaay more reliable than WiFi.

F

Flyinace2000

Junior Audioholic
Re: the USB Display Port -> HDMI

Monoprice has the same thing for $37, look for product ID 5969

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I don't post much, I just read and research a lot. However, I just wanted you to know that I haven't laughed so hard in years. Thanks for the "pimped" pic. My son went through this stage with his civic when he was 17. I wish I had seen a pic like this 3 years ago, I swear I would have done it for him on Christmas. Thanks!!
Do it. It's never too late to screw with your kids.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis